Had my show- how much longer now?!

mrscupcake

Reaction score
I’m 40 + 3 And I had been having Braxton Hicks for a week until I had my sweep. I had a sweep at 40 weeks and no tightenings, the day later nothing and hen yesterday morning I had a large bloody show. I started with some period type pains last night and the off uncomfortable tightening which stopped this morning. Any one have any idea how much longer? I’m going to go for a walk later as hat seems to be the one thing which gives me tightenings. This is my 3rd and I only had my show when I was in established labour with my other 2!

I had my show only after my water broke with 2 of my babies. I had my show off and on for weeks before delivering 2 of my babies. I had my show the morning I went into labor with my fifth baby. I'm sorry to say it isn't as dependable a sign as it should be. I think since you're overdue, it should be a better sign that your labor should be starting, but gosh.. ya just never know, unfortunately. Good luck! Labor vibes!

With my first, I was in established labour within 2 hours after show and my daughter was born about 11 hours after. So this could be the start of things...or it could be awhile longer. With me, I had the show, waters broke, had a clear out and mild period cramps all within about 30 minutes of each other, so I knew I was obviously in labour.

I had my sweep and then a few hours later I had very irregular contractions or Braxton hicks, the next morning I had bloody mucus but still very irregular pains. Later that evening my regular contractions started so for me it was less than 12 hours after the mucus

Can you have sex? Sex after a sweep always kicked things in gear for me!!

I had a (very) bloody show after an internal and stretch/sweep (was already 3-4cm) , that was at 4pm. Had no twinges or aches. Was actually induced the next day and had waters broke at 11 am. Baby was here at 1542 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"