Had some spotting

rozzibee

Reaction score
Hubby and I, since finding out I was pregnant, have dtd a few times, but not many, and it's always been fine. But this last time, I had quite a lot of spotting after. Because I am rhesus neg I had to have an anti d shot.

No one asked if we had dtd, but hubby is really paranoid now that it was because of that and doesn't want to anymore!! Anyone else think he's being over cautious?

How long should we wait after the spotting incident?

I've no idea, sorry. I'd let the doctor know any time you spot though. I don't know if waiting will help, if you've a very sensitive cervix. :hugs:

I did let them know because I needed an anti d shot

I have the same problem, e.g. tender cervix and O- neg blood, so need anti-d, had to have an injection at 14wks after dtd; and the doctor said wait 3-4 days, so everything can heal....I told OH it was too much of a hassle, so we're off sex for awhile, plus I feel like a beached whale anyway (I think he's too worried about sex anyway at the moment)....so, 3-4 days....

best wishes

ps. 'too much of a hassle' = having to go to hospital, get blood test and then come back next day to get injection and then my bum hurts for two or three days; I told him we can have sex the day before my 28wk injection (I'd be seven months then) and he said he would think about it....

I'm sure everything will be ok.. I'd give it time before dtd again.. If still worried make sure you get checked out. Sorry not much help, this has never happened to me but I didn't want to read&run!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->