Had to swerve car today..really shook up!

bun bun15

Reaction score
Hi all, Today my husband and I were out driving and our city streets are horrible; potholes, bumps, and sewers EVERYWHERE. Anyway we had to swerve to avoid an accident at about 20-30mph and it scared me pretty bad. I know if you've been in an accident to always be evaluated, so I've already called my L&D and doctor about what I should do, but I'm still worried about whether or not it's caused any damage. The L&D said I could come down to be checked but my doctor said to take it easy the rest of the day and come to the office tomorrow. I'm sore, but I don't know if it's from tensing up or what. Typically, or from what anyone here knows/experienced, does swerving a car harm the placenta/baby like an impact would? I'm really worried!

Hi. I'm sorry you had such a scary experience. It sounds horrible. I doubt a swerve would be as potentially damaging as an impact but if you're at all concerned it's best to get checked out. Remember that bubs is well protected in there so I'm sure it'll be fine :flower:

I would want to reassure you that baby is well protected in there, it is blows and movement to that effect that we're told to worry about, I think your doctor should be able to put your mind at rest tomorow xxxx

I had a rear end smash (i was waiting at traffic lightsand idiot drive into back of me) when I was17 weeks. I felt sore and bruised all over for about a week, but both me and baby were fine! Your little one is very well protected in there but go and get your self checked out to put your mind at rest hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->