haha...fooled ya!

babyzoe

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
you guys thought I was going to the Caribbean...nope..in actuality, DH and I are stuck in some city because our first flight was delayed over an hour and the crew refused to have the connecting plane wait an extra ten minutes. grr!!! and since there's there's only one flight per day to the island we have to wait till tomorrow to get down there

fortunately the resort was nice enough to give us an extra day for free.

so now we're waiting in this cheap hotel with the rest of the people who were on our plane and missed the flight

I am soo soo sorry! That truly sucks! There aren't even words to tell how angry I would be in your situation.

i'm so mad i keep giggling hysterically...and then crying...and then giggling again.

and you know the airlines was kind enough to pay for our meals for the day...25 bucks for each of us (that's 12 pounds UK). so $50 for me and DH to pay for lunch, dinner, and breakfast tomorrow...in what world is that possible (well, in the US anyway..)

That's not even realistic...less than $10/person/meal. I'm angry for you. I guess you're being relegated to Mcdonalds and Taco Bell. Sorry:( Seems like the universe has been working against you lately...

Ohhh man, what a way to start your vacation. I'm sorry. What city are you stuck in? Maybe someone here could give you some ideas to make the day/night not too horrible!

This will just be a funny memory once you're on the other side of the trip and on your way home. At least it's only up from here :flower:

I'm hoping it only gets better! We're stuck in Atlanta.

I think I've only been there on layovers, so I guess I can't offer anything helpful, sorry. :( Well, it's another day away from home without work, right?

Ew, Atlanta. You're not flying delta, are you?

Atlanta is gorgeous to drive through at night, but their airport is terrible! The last time I flew through there, we got held up 30 feet from our gate. I ended up watching some guy grill on a little charcoal grill for 20 minutes. On the Tarmac. I totally feel for you!

Haha, based on the title of your post I totally thought you were going to say "I'm already pregnant!" Lol.

Totally not the same thing, but my husband and I got stranded in Hawaii on the last day of our honeymoon because of the train wreck of an airline that goes between islands! I know, I know, what better place to be trapped, but the airport was completely outdoors, it was really hot, their restaurant and news stand were closed, and our flight from the Big Island to Honolulu ended up getting canceled, so we missed our flight back to the mainland. We were hot, tired, hungry, and to make it even worse the airline refused to repay us a single dime for our canceled flight, and did not give us meal vouchers or money for a hotel. We ended up shelling out an extra $500 just to get home, and that airline still to this day has not given us a penny in return. It was nice to spend an extra night in paradise, but it was unbelievably stressful!

I hope your vacation is smooth sailing from here on out!! :D

omg Hollyness...i'm jealous you got to be stranded in Hawaii...but after today's fiasco I completely understand your pain

and yes..it was Delta, haha...how did you know

Just a lucky guess. I wonder if that guy ever finished grilling his dinner!

If anyone ever has a problem with a flight, I assume its delta and I'm usually right, haha. We normally use southwest, but their flights are rather limited.

Hope you get your vacation started soon! At least they're doing what they can to make up for it. That's impressive these days.

We got to the island safe and sound yesterday. I was so relieved when we touched down because I totally was expecting another snafu like a plane breakdown or a hurricane or something...lol.

Argh babyzoe, that sucks. I hope you're in the islands, drink in hand, ASAP!!

I hope you guys made the best of your unplanned night! Enjoy the trip, can't wait to hear about it! :)

Glad you're there safe!! So sorry to hear! I feel ya. We got stranded at laguardia on our honeymoon (horrible ny airport). They rescheduled and canceled our flight last minute FOUR times!!! Due to some drizzle. No hotel no food vouchers. We were stuck freezing our tails off sleeping on the floor (all the chairs in the entire terminal had arms!). Some kind people let us have their tiny thin airplane blankets though

Word to the wise: never ever ever Ever fly through laguardia!

Found out later they are infamous for this when any other airport would still run flights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"