Hair always in LO's face!

Peggy O

Lily's personal assistant
Reaction score
Little barrettes (even the tiny velcro kind) don't work yet, headbands get pulled off and hats last about 2 minutes before she tries to eat them. What do you guys do to keep bangs out of LO's face? Should I trim her hair? She is 9 months old.

View attachment 684013
I brushed it out of her eyes for this picture....but you can see how long the front is, it grows straight forward.

what about a bobble my los hair was longer than this at 9 months on my dp shes 10 months and a bpbble always did the trick :)

We have this problem too! Tried hair bands, hair ties, clips.. all get ripped out either immediately or in the first few minutes of being put in. I thought about just cutting it but I really don't want her to have bangs. Her hair still gets in her face but I just brush it to the side and it's never seemed to bother her.

She's absolutley beautiful! What a cutie!

Thomas had the same problem and I would brush it to one side, but people started saying he looked like Hitler so I trimmed it.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/324266_2210476065317_1155920155_o.jpg

The above was the day before he turned one, he'd already had 5 trims by then.

With my first LO, I used to get those tiny rubbery (non-damaging) pony tail bands as they're very difficult to pull out and just do a silly pineapple-style ponytail :rofl:. My youngest prefers to have it all across her face, although I've just started doing those little one sided French plaits (no idea what they're really called...) like this: https://manouvellemode.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/side-french-braid.png
It only takes 30 seconds to do and keeps it well out of the way. I wish I'd thought of it earlier! I'm sure your LO has enough hair to do it, you really just plait the front bit with a few pieces taken from the side to 'anchor' it off to the side rather than straight forward.

She's absolutley beautiful! What a cutie!

Thomas had the same problem and I would brush it to one side, but people started saying he looked like Hitler so I trimmed it.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j10/a31cefiro/324266_2210476065317_1155920155_o.jpg

The above was the day before he turned one, he'd already had 5 trims by then.

:rofl: so not true but still funny!!

I trimmed Isabella's hair until she got used to wearing hair clips. I personally still worry that it'd affect her vision if she always has hair in her eyes.

Your LO is gorgeous!!

I can get it to lay nice when it's wet, but then she also looks a little like Hitler.

:haha:

shes so cute Jords has a crazy amount a hair ive been using a hair clip with like no slip grip inside it .. holds her hair well and she hates when i put them in so i always give her a snack right away and it kinda distracts her and makes her forget i put a clip in her hair .. I dont want to cut her hair either i don't want her to have bangs lol

I would trim it. My first boy's hair did that. A long bit in the front, so I trimmed it off at 9 months. Tied a string around it and stuck it in with a few other keepsakes.

I get Los fringe trimmed when I get my hair done, so every 6 weeks. It's a nightmare! I tried a lot of things but cutting it was just easier. She's been getting it trimmed since she was 4 months old.

Xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 5
I have to use a butterfly clip on my toddler. The other kinds don't stay put. She hates her hair being messed with right now so I just grab the curls that are hanging in front of her face and clip them back and hope it looks ok the first time! She doesn't mess with it surprisingly. I opted out of bangs both because it requires continuous trims and because it's just too tricky with curly hair.

Dont know if you can see but we put Bs hair up in two little knobs at the top front with the tiny siliconey no pull rubberbands and then will clip gimme clips and stuff in it...but she is special needs and doesnt mess with her hair at all so nothing we do really bothers her... she had to have her entire head shaved right before she was 1 and then it just grew like crazy so we had a lot of hair to deal with that we werent used to all of a sudden lol... maybe distract her while you are doing her hair with a movie or toy and after you do her hair for a bit as well and she might forget there is stuff up there...

Attachments

• PA060192.jpg
    PA060192.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 9
  • PA180222.jpg
    PA180222.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 10
My LO has the same hair - I can't use clips of any kind, because she goes to daycare, and the other babies will pull anything out of it! And her hair isn't really thick enough to hold a ponytail in place.

I ended up buying some Hip Peas hair balm. It kind of makes her hair a little bit waxy, and it's easier to brush off to the side. I don't want to cut it, because I haven't decided if she will have bangs or not!

Dont know if you can see but we put Bs hair up in two little knobs at the top front with the tiny siliconey no pull rubberbands and then will clip gimme clips and stuff in it...but she is special needs and doesnt mess with her hair at all so nothing we do really bothers her... she had to have her entire head shaved right before she was 1 and then it just grew like crazy so we had a lot of hair to deal with that we werent used to all of a sudden lol... maybe distract her while you are doing her hair with a movie or toy and after you do her hair for a bit as well and she might forget there is stuff up there...

That's adorable! I love it, but I think lily doesn't have as much hair, I cant get the tiny silicone bands in yet.

Bangs is such a funny word, makes me think all your babies have explosive hair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"