Hair dye question?

Momma2Bee

Reaction score
Okay, i dunno if this will sound silly or vain ect if it does sorry :p

But yeah, it's my big brothers wedding next week and before i fell pregnant i'd dyed my hair red. Its naturally a chocolate brown, and it looks terrible now because the brown is coming back through. This is going to sound so bad... but i dont want to look bad in the pictures with horrible hair. Apparently you shouldnt dye your hair early on in pregnancy but i was woundering would it be okay to dye it now? If i like, stood near a window or something? Or is it the chemicals that your scalp absorbs that could be harmful to the baby? I don't want to do anything that would harm her, so thought i'd ask you guys and see if anyone could help! Thanks :)

Go for a fullhead of highlights instead of all over colouring.Highlights do not come in contact with scalp and is safe.

I've had my hair done a few times and it's not been a problem :shrug: I'm sure you'll be fine to do it :)

Dyed mine a few times theres no evidence to show its dangerous.. So id say go for it hun! And its not vain- i couldnt do without not doing mine any longer i felt so crappy!x

I've done mine throughout but I use the Lush Henna blocks (Messs ahoy!) but try using the Garnier Herbashine ones as they have no amonia :) annnddd I think they are permenent! x

i had died my hair since i was about 12 weeks pregnant x

I've always been dying my hair, didn't stop when I found out I was pregnant. I really don't think it's as dangerous as people make out anymore, there is so many dyes out there you can buy which aren't even that strong or harsh on your scalp. :thumbup:

You can dye your hair, Long as your out of first trimester it wont harm the little one...That rule comes from quite a while back when they used stronger chemicals in hair dyes...but studies have shown it does no harm to the baby in later on pregnancy

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev050pbs__.png
(OMG! I just realized I have one more box to go!)

Here's what the NHS say:

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/949.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=131

i dyed mine yesterday, i feel loads better, im all blonde again yippee!! xx

I remember this was a massive topic in the 1st tri board, and most people (and internet searches) said that it was fine to dye your hair. Apparently the reason why it's not advised is because of the changes pregnancy makes to your hair and skin. i.e your hair being more dry and reacting differently, and your skin being more sensitive! I think it's the same for fake tan.

I wouldnt have thought that you absorb many chemicals, as that would be really bad for you even if you weren't pregnant wouldnt it?! I've been doing both (dying and tanning) since finding out I was pregnant :shrug: xxx

I have continued to dye mine throughout and im sure its fine I have just brought a hair dye too. I have a question for you momma2bee as I am in a dilema- Its my lil bros wedding on 9th of Jan and I havent got a clue what to wear -my bump is massive and dont know where to start looking for nice wedding clothes- Have you got your outfit yet and if you dont mind me asking where did you get it? I have been so stressed out this last few months worrying about it. :shrug:

I got a 'puffy' dress from new look and i'm wearing some leggings under it. I can't wear heels so i'm just wearing some ballet flats, looks simple but its pretty nice with my bump cos my bumps quiet big lol

i did half way thru my pregnancy but got advised to use amonia free, and it cant be that bad because iv seen it in a pregnancy mag :)

and make sure you do a strand test b4 you plonk it all on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->