Hair dye when ttc/ pregnant

Beee

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering if anyone knows much about hair dye..... is it safe to use when ttc/pregnant?? I usually dye my mousy blonde hair a lighter blonde about once a month, but I'm starting to wonder whether I should stop while ttc. Anyone any ideas?

last time I did mine I checked the pack and it didn't mention it anywhere on it. But I have heard you're not supposed to. Not much help am I?!x

It is 10years since my last pregnancy and from what I recall I was told not to dye my hair (maybe because of the absorption of chemicals through the scalp into the bloodstream).
I don't know if this is the same nowadays.

as far as i no there is no evidence that dyeing your hair will harm your baby. xx

Ah right, thanks ladies. I'd heard stories about it but i guess it depends what chemicals are in the dye. xxx

I looked into this and TBH the answers vary. There is however very little proof to say dyeing hair effects your baby. I say go for it!

I've heard it's ok to color your hair during pregnancy, but probably the best thing to do would be to get the doctor's opinion. I need to start a list so I can remember all these questions when I actually get pregnant! :rofl:

Hahaha I know, tell me about it! I never realised quite how complicated it was!!! :)

Oh so many things to be concerned about! :rofl:

I would say while TTC you shouldnt worry!!
(I used to be a hairdresser)
As for pregnancy it should be done in a well ventilated room, and if you want to be really careful wait until after the 1st Trimester.
It used to be about the chemicals being absorbed into the blood stream but its more about the ammonia and smells, which is why you need to be well ventilated.
Its also about the colour it can turn or not turn due to hormones!

My doc said to use the organic hair dyes rather than the usual ones. I haven't had a chance to look into them yet, but will let you know what I find out xx

Found this one so far https://www.lovelula.com/cat_logona_natural_hair_dye.cfm

You can use hair colour on your hair whilst pregnant, just not bleach (unless its in foils or on a cap, but never on the scalp). (Im a hairdresser, and have been many colours even whilst pregnant lol) x

my hair is bleech blonde , and i have been dying my hair atleast once a month through my pregnancy , im now 39 weeks n 6 days and everything is perfect so id say yes

Thanks everyone for your comments! I just wouldn't want to put my baby at any risk but you've alleviated my worries, thanks! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->