Hair dye..

Flannz94

Reaction score
This may have already been asked on here somewhere.
But are we allowed to dye our hair in the first tri? I've seen lots of mixed opinions about it. As long as it's ammonia free, or there's no bleach. But is it actually ok??

Hi, personally I still dye my hair just have windows open or a fan on. There's no way I could leave it, roots look awful! Lol Never had any problems with it and my midwife in the past said its no biggie.

I also dye my hair, just open your windows so it's well ventilated x

This is comforting to know and was wondering myself - my roots are getting very light compared to the rest of my hair and thought I'd have to go the next 7.5months with two tone hair :flower:

I personally think it's fine, but of course you should talk to your doctor and do what makes YOU comfortable. If you're going to worry the whole time, it's probably best to wait after the first trimester or use all-natural dyes (at least from what my ob/gyn told me).

After talking to my hairdresser (who dyed her hair throughout her three healthy pregnancies) and doing PLENTY of research, I decided to have highlights only at 6 weeks. My stylist made sure not to get any color on my scalp, so the way I see it...no color could have actually been absorbed into my blood stream. (But many people choose to get all-over color, too - again, whatever your personal comfort level is.) I feel SO much better without ugly roots and I still feel comfortable with my decision. :)

Its defo advisable to do a skin patch test, as you can develop new allergies in pregnancy

I just saw my ob yesterday and she said it's perfectly fine to dye your hair or get your nails done as long as there's proper ventilation

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->