Hair dye??

nupu

1 gorgeous rainbow girl
Reaction score
Hi
I'm currently in the 2WW and have a salon appointment tomorrow for a semi=permanent colour. Would you go ahead or cancel? Not sure if I have any preg symptoms or not. Would be 14dpo on Xmas Day.
Thanks for your help:thumbup:

hey - could you have foil highlights/lowlights done instead? As this method doesnt involve the dye coming into contact with your roots, and is claimed to be perfectly safe throughout pregnancy. Seen as you are in the 2ww thats a bit more tricky, I personally wouldnt risk a full dye, but I am not an expert of any kind! Hopefully someone else can give you some better advice, good luck with a BFP for xmas - Im in the same boat... AF due xmas eve/day. x

I wouldn't personally think that should be a problem. I think only prolonged exposure to peroxide and ammonia fumes is harmful. If you were going for a major bleach job to platinum blonde I would say perhaps hold off but a semi should be quite gentle. I would google it and see what other responses you come up with.

Good luck in the TWW.
x

I colored my hair routinely throughout all of my pregnancies and have never had any problems. I honestly think it's a superstition and not enough research has been done to prove otherwise. Did bleach and color.

I had my hair dyed at a salon throught my pregnancy....first was when I was about 6 weeks gone for my wedding. No harm in dying your hair!

Emma.xx

im a hairdresser and i know its fine to have a semi permenant colour on =) so go crazy haha! but just steer clear of bleach, unless its in foils but definatly have no contact with the scalp if using bleach. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->