Hair/Eye Color?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
So I've been spending a lot of time daydreaming about babies and what mine will look like.

I have brown eyes and red hair and my OH has dark blonde hair, blue eyes. I think that our future babies are going to end up either blonde or brunette (thanks to genetics) and probably blue eyes. There is a small chance for us to have a redhead baby as well, since my OH has redheads in his family.

My ex was also blonde with blue eyes and my older two children are blonde with blue eyes while our youngest was a redhead with blue eyes.

So what about you ladies - what color hair/eyes do you think your future babies will have? Please tell me I'm not the only one who's thought about this. :haha:

I'm really not sure! I have auburn hair and hazel eyes and DH has dark brown hair and blue eyes. When he was little his hair was blonde though!

For some reason I always thought I'd have dark haired babies but I think they will probably be fair.

Me and OH both have brown hair so it's pretty conclusive (as well as the fact DS has brown hair too) that any future babies will also be brunette. I have brown eyes and OH has blue eyes (DS has brown eyes) and because brown eyes are dominant and blue eyes recessive it is most likely any future babies will have brown eyes too.

Both myself and oh have blue eyes, as does every single person in both sides of the families - so I think brown eyes would raise some questions!

My eyes are a darker blue, almost grey, whereas my partners are pale blue. My sister has really bright aqua eyes, my mums are like mines and my dads are pale blue. My partners families are all fairly mid blue. I am happy with any shade of blue really!

We are both brown haired now. Mines a light mousey brown/dirty blonde shade, his slightly darker and warmer but still fairly light. We were both bleach blonde as kids. All babies have been blonde in both families. I had very little hair as a kid, and it is still fine, whereas he has thick hair which he has loads of as a baby, and it was really wavy.

Skin tone wise I am really pale, he is fairly pale (a lot darker than me though) but tans well.

Realistically, our families all have fairly standard looking blonde haired blue eyes babies so it is pretty much guaranteed that our babies would look like this too. I hope our baby has thicker hair than me - everyone in my boyfriends family does, as does everyone in my family except me and my dad.

We are both on the lower end of average height, as are all our families, so we would be surprised if we had a big baby. We were both 7lbers, I was small and fat whereas he was slim and long.

OH has very dark brown hair, brown eyes. I have light bluish/greenish/greyish eyes and light brown hair, some people would say blonde... I'm quite sure that our baby would have brown eyes too;
--- because brown eyes are dominant and blue eyes recessive it is most likely any future babies will have brown eyes too.

:flower:

Both OH and i have brown hair so our baby will likely be brunette. I have green/hazel eyes and OH has green blue eyes, his parents, my mum and my bro all have blue eyes. My bet is they'll have blue/green eyes like OH! It's hard to tell as my dad had brown eyes my mum blue eyes and I got green hazel which I think is like my grandmothers. Genetics is fascinating!

If ours aren't blonde & blue eyed there will be A LOT of questions!! Lol. Both blonde & blue eyed.

I have brown eyes and brown hair (though it was flaming red as a child and had a strong reddish tint until I was an adult), my DH has green eyes and dark brown hair.

My LO had blue/green eyes until after she was one, and then they turned brown. They're more of a caramel brown whereas mine are pretty dark. She has brown hair with a reddish tint, it's darker than mine was as a kid, which is a bit odd because my DH had blonde hair as a kid! I'm thinking it might get lighter as it gets longer, though.

For some reason I'm under the impression that any girls will take more after me (brown eyes/reddish hair) and and boys will take after my DH (green eyes/blonde hair as a child). Maybe because my daughter already has taken after me! I love my DH's eye colour and I was hoping my LO would get it... though the colour of brown that they are right now is really beautiful, too.

I have medium brown hair and brown eyes. DH has light brown hair and green eyes, but his beard grows in red! He also has had red-heads in his family, so we shall see!

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I was a pretty cute baby and I dream of having a little "mini me" someday!!! :D :D :D

i desperately want any more i have to look like my partner. my two kids are not his and my daughter is like me and my son his father. i sooooooo want the next to be like its dad. we are both dark haired but my eyes are brown and his change from blue to green to grey(gorgeous)
he also happens to be very handsome and so i think any child that takes after him would be gorgeous.

I often think of this!

Me - dark red hair, blue eyes

OH - green eyes, dark blonde hair

I think it's 50/50 it will be blonde/red as OH is a red carrier! And would then assume light eyes too.

Anything dark and he'll suspect I've cheated!!!

Hm, interesting question! I am biracial with Nigerian on one side and german+Irish on the other side. my mom has red hair, freckles and blue eyes, my dad has black hair and dark brown eyes. When i was little, my hair was a reddish brown, but now it's just a rich brown. My DH is African American, his hair is black and we're both sort of "light skinned" although i am a tiny bit lighter. I always figured our kids' skin color would be somewhere between DH and mine and their hair would probably be darker than mine... but i'm a little curious about eye color since i have a recessive trait for blue eyes in me and my DH might too because he has some german in his background too. I guess it really is a mixed bag. lol. I don't really know what we'll get, but i am secretly hoping for some freckles and maybe blue eyes with our brown skin and dark hair. i think that would be so gorgeous!

...Or whatever, i just want a baby at this point. lol!

DH is dark brown hair and green eyes and I'm light brown hair with hazel eyes. We both have parents with blue eyes so it would be fun to have a child with blue but green is beautiful too. I'm guessing we'll have dark brown haired kids, and maybe curly as my husband's hair is quite curly and thick if it gets long. Not that I think I'm bad looking but my husband has beautiful features so I would be happy if our kids look like him or if we got a cool blend. But like PP said, any baby will be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->