Hair loss

Mechanical

Reaction score
Hopefully I'm posting this in the right section. My son is almost four months, and I've noticed a ton of hair loss. I haven't got any bald spots- yet!, but I made the mistake of dying my hair tonight and I think it might be worse. :(

Anyone else have a lot of hair loss? What helps?

I had a lot of hair loss with my first baby at around 5 months old. I thought it was excessive (more than just hormones changing) so I went to the doctor. He thought it would be nothing and just my body returning to normal after pregnancy but he done a blood test anyway. It came back that I now had hypothyroidism (under active thyroid) and it was triggered by pregnancy! Go get it checked out if you are worried about how much you are losing as that was my only symptom xx

I had the same as the above poster...hypo with my first that was causing the hair loss. Then recently I started noticing excess hairloss pp with dd...went to dr and turns out my body fixed itself pp and the medicine was making me hyperthyroid! :dohh:

I think my hair loss stopped now that my body is regular again. If you find it excessive, it doesn't hurt to get looked at! Don't let them play it off either like my dr did...demand the blood tests!

I am left with several bald spots now that are just starting to grow super slow...I am taking a supplement called "hair, skin, and nails" by natures bounty...it actually helps...it also makes your skin glow and your nails strong. You can also look for a shampoo that helps slow down hair loss.

Also do not over brush...no harsh chemicals...no extreme heat styling...I only shampoo my hair every three days and wear it in a loose braid during the no shampoo days to make it less icky. This helps with my hairloss.

Thank you! I have an appointment with my doctor for my son's four month check up, so I'll talk to him about it. :)

for some, during pregnancy the body holds onto all the hair, then around 3 months after birth when your hormones have calmed down the old hair is shed and new hair grows I'm having that at the mo but if your worried defiantely get a dr opinion.

It could be your iron levels. If they're too low then than can affect your hair growth, thinning and loss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->