Hair loss

Discussion in 'Your Health & Wellbeing' started by iwanababybump, Nov 13, 2011.

1. iwanababybump

iwanababybump Mum to Jamie- due inApril

I know hair loss is normal after giving birth but how much is too much I have extremely thick hair which I'm glad off as I think I would be bald if I had thin hair, I brush it ona morning and get alot then brush twice more during the day and again get lotsmore out

Should I be worried or not?:wacko:

2. cupcakekate

cupcakekate Cooking baby #3 :)

my SIL suffered alot with this when she had her kids, she also has really thick hair. It just died down on its own in her case but if you are really worried i would consider double checking with your doc hun .x

3. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Well-Known Member

I remember it seemed like a lot for me - and I had quite fine hair to start with! It should only last a short time, and generally it comes out fairly evenly across your head. It seems like a lot more is coming out than there really is.

If it's lasted more than a couple of months at that rate, or it's coming out in clumps then it would be a good idea to get it checked out.

4. Groovychick

Groovychick Well-Known Member

Hair loss after pregnancy can often be due to fluctuating hormone levels but also dietary deficiencies, most commonly iron. Try to make sure you are eating three meals a day with snacks, plenty of fruit and veg and sources of iron including dried fruit, pulses and red meat. If you are struggling to eat a balanced diet, why not take a multi-vitamin? :)