Haircut??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by pigginteacher, Jan 25, 2011.

1. pigginteacher

pigginteacher Mum of 2

My LO was born with a lot of hair and now she is 4 months it's quite unruly, so I'm just wondering if I should get it trimmed or is she too young??

2. marie73

marie73 Well-Known Member

I don't really know but I guess it's fine to get her hair trimmed. Our lo has just got a bit of fuzz at 3 months so don't think we'll be needing a hairdresser any time soon!! Bless!!

3. ILoveShoes

ILoveShoes Well-Known Member

I'd be tempted to leave it for the moment. My DS's baby hair started falling out at around 4 months.
    xx

4. pigginteacher

pigginteacher Mum of 2

I have had mixed opinions on it, I read somewhere that your not supposed to cut their hair until they're 1, why?? I suppose being able to sit up on their own would be helpful!!

5. Kalah

Kalah Guest

I've heard not to cut baby hair before one year, but I'm not actually sure why.
    I would leave it just for the fact that cutting it would be difficult and I'd be nervous having scissors that close to LO's head since they can be so unpredictable!

6. pigginteacher

pigginteacher Mum of 2

Really?? She has some bald patches but the rest still seems really thick. I'll attach a picci if I can x

7. ILoveShoes

Yeah, i was gutted! All his fluffy hair was on his cot mattress :(. It's growing back much thicker (and lighter) now though!
    xx

8. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Omar also had loads of hair (he still does), I trimmed it from the front at 6 months as it was getting into his eyes, then again at 9 & 11 months. I gave him a proper hair cut few days before his birthday as he looked sooo girly with long hair (my avatar is on his birthday after tha hair cut). Now it's long again, & he's back to looking like a girl, but I dont want to cut it again as I like it much more when it's long.

9. pigginteacher

pigginteacher Mum of 2

I have been noticing hair on her cot mattress but the top and sides just keeps getting longer. My OH loves it, he says it's cute!!

10. babz1986

babz1986 Well-Known Member

really wanna see a pic!! lol... Ellie has crazy hair!! and people always comment on it

this is what she was like one morning...

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs577.ash2/149968_10150316885810494_542395493_15860585_6248746_n.jpg

by the way some religions shave their LO's hair when they are first born!.. not that i'm telling you to shave it! lol

11. ILoveShoes

Babz - Ellie looks so cheeky!! :)
    xx

12. babz1986

She's unbelievably cheeky!!!

oh and while we're on the 'hair cut' topic... She actually has a fully grown MULLET!!

Went to visit work the other day and they were telling me to chop it off!!

13. pigginteacher

pigginteacher Mum of 2

This is Rachel's hair now, looking quite tame, I might add :)

Attached Files:

14. babz1986

awwww she's lovely and cute with her hair!!! don't cut it!!

Will it not calm down if you brush it?? lol

With Ellie's its just uncontrollable and a brush will do it no good... my SIL doesn't like the messiness of her hair and one day demanded a brush.. she wasn't pleased with the outcome cos she couldn't do nothing with it!!

Today she has curls sticking out the side of her head!!

15. Kalah

Kalah Guest

aww her hair looks so pretty!

If you think that's bad though, just be glad it's not curly! My LO has got my wild curls and it's finally getting long enough that she's got a couple little bits just long enough to make a little curl sit on top of her head! It's cute for now, but I know it will be a MESS when it's long enough!

16. angel2010

angel2010 Cart & Emma's mom, 1mc

I would wait a little bit longer before trimming it. Carter also lost all his hair around 4 months.

17. muddles

muddles Mummy of 2.

My LO didn't lose any hair and his hair is longer and thicker than your LO's hair but I don't want to get it cut for as long as possible. Your LO looks really cute, perhaps the only trouble you would have cutting it is getting her to sit still long enough!

18. bky

bky :(

Mine is starting to get a mullet. It's quite long in the back and a bit in the front, but short all around. I'm not really sure what to do with it, though we have started to think about cutting it. It isn't quite thick enough for ponytails, and just barely for barettes.
    It's two different colours too...:wacko:

19. pigginteacher

pigginteacher Mum of 2

I think I will leave it a bit longer, it looks better if I brush it, and it does have a curl when its wet. I suppose it adds to the cuteness!! Thanks ladies