Half a line??!

Sarah20109

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had this before? I'm 15 dpo and have never been late before. I've been taking IC's every other day since about 10dpo and they've all been negative. I decided yesterday to stop taking them because I was getting some bad AF cramps and figured the witch was on her way. The cramps stopped last night and today there's no sign of AF at all. I took this test with SMU. The top one is an OPK (which I took just so I could see where the IC line should be :haha: but my OPK came out POSITIVE???) and the bottom one is the HPT. The top half of the line is darker than the bottom half. Could this be it? Or does the weird line make it false?

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 81
i think it looks like a bfp, especially with having your + opk! can you take another IC now and see what it says? good luck!!! x

did the tests touch each other as this can affect the hpt xxx

I'm not sure if they touched or not. I went ahead and took another one, and it also had a line (this time it was fainter and was a full line). I went to the store and got a FRER tested with the same urine, and it was negative. So, I either have a bad batch of IC's or they're more sensitive than FRER's. Would leaving my urine out in a cup while a ran to the store make a difference? I didn't think it would..

wait till morning and take another IC, good luck! x

Here are the newest tests:

For the IC's the top one is the original one I took with the line darker on the top than the bottom. The one below that is the one with the faint line all the way down. The other two were with different urine, I think I can see something but at this point I have a bad case of line eye.

Then there's the lonely negative FRER :nope:

So, I went a little crazy with testing, but in my defense we've been trying for 16 months and never in that whole time have I even had the faintest of bfp's. This is driving me nuts!

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 51
  • get-attachment (1).jpg
    get-attachment (1).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 54
If I don't go crazy and use all my IC's today I plan on taking one first thing tomorrow :haha:.

Okay. I've officially gone crazy. I think I see a line on the FRER now. I just need to stop looking..

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 60
FRER is 12.5mIU, and your IC's could be 10mIU (most are). I'm 99% sure i can see faint lines on the IC's xxx

OMFG I SEE IT ON THE FRER TOO!!! Hope it's your :bfp:!

xx

I think I see something on your frer but it looks colorless to me :( hope I'm wrong and tomorrow morning brings great lines for you

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'll keep you guys updated. :hugs:

If you dip a hpt into a cup of urine that had an opk in it you'll get a false positive.
The chemicals on the 2 don't react well together!
This is also the reason why an opk and hpt should never touch- in your first pic you can see the dye has jumped from the opk to the hpt.
If you used the same cup of pee for the frer it would be contaminated too.

Would it do the same if I dipped the HPT first and the opk second? I took another test this morning. The HPT has a ghost of a line. I can't tell if there's color or not, and my opk is less positive than it was. I dipped the HPT first. Three days late, no sign of AF. I've been super emotional. I just wish I knew either way!

No it's only if you dip opk then hpt, or if you put them side by side like your 1st pic, or if it touches an opk at all in the process

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->