Hallucinations during the night

loulabump

Mummy to one of each x
Reaction score
Hi everyone, posting this mostly out of curiosity I guess - I haven't seen a doctor or been diagnosed with anything.

My partner tells me that I wake up most nights freaking out. He says its usually about some kind of creepy crawly that I am seeing crawling on the pillow, or just last night I panicked as he had spiders crawling all over his face. I admit I very occasionally remember waking up in the night and panicking about something really silly like that...a most memorable one was when I bolted out of bed and insisted there was a bird flying around our light fitting... It has never really affected me as my partner just calms me down, usually turns on the light to prove that whatever I think is there isn't actually there and I go right back to sleep... however he says its happening more often now (every night this past week) and I don't remember anything at all. Has anyone heard of anything like this? Should I see a doctor about it?

Me and my partner both suffer from weird sleep, I suffer sleep paralysis which is often associated with hallucinations but you can't move. My partner talks.

My mins uncle used to have conversations with his wife in his sleep, once said there was a tarantula and wouldn't go to sleep until he shook the sheets out!

My dad once hallucinated a skeleton leaning round the door grinning at him when he was half asleep and woke my mum up screaming.

Twice my mum had woke up coughing and blamed my dad!

Sleep is such a strange thing and there are so many states of sleep I wouldn't worry about it but if it's affecting you maybe mention it to your gp :)

I would bring it up at net appointment. Thinking some maybe hormones? As long as you do not see anything with lights on I would not be worried much. Maybe the baby moving is having something to do with increase?

my husband can talk for England while asleep and is sure what is happening in whatever dream he is having is happening. Its like sleep walking, my sister used to do it. I wouldent worry and dreams become more vivid when pregnant and you wake more during cycles

I used to have this a few times a week. I jumped on top of my sister whilst she was asleep once because I was sure there were spiders everywhere. It was always animals or insects. Squirrels, spiders, snakes...

I seem to have 'grown out' of it in the last few years though. My sleeping patterns have got better though and I think that's related. I used to really struggle with sleep and often took hours to drop off. Now with my LO, I get up and go to bed at the same time everyday and don't have a problem going to sleep. I don't know if it's related or not but it might be!

x

x

My DH gets that a lot, he wakes up sure there are loads of spiders or other creatures. Its happened to me too a few times, but not as often as him, now I come to think of it, it hasn't happened to him for a while so hopefully its getting better! I think it might be stress related, at least in our case, hoping it gets better soon :hugs:

By the way, being pregnant can really make your dreams go crazy apparently

Thanks everyone, I am wondering if the pregnancy is making it happen more often as I had heard it can make your dreams more vivid. I am lucky to have a partner who puts up with being woken up most nights haha :)

Sounds like night terrors to me, my sister has always had them. She can be sat bold upright, eyes open talking to you but she's not actually awake and she'll be seeing things that aren't there. She once hit my mum away, who was obviously trying to help, while screaming that she wanted our real mum :haha: With her it was linked to a dip in her blood sugar levels, we used to give her a biscuit or some chocolate and she'd slowly start coming round. Might be worth a shot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->