Halo Sleep Sacks- How Many?

addie140910

Reaction score
How many of these halo sleep sacks should I get? Where I am from you just swaddle the baby and that's wonderful, but in recent studies it has shown that if the baby comes loose from their swaddle it can increase the risk of SIDS and thus they recommend these..

I have just bought 2 and was wondering how many more to buy? They are kindave expensive :blush: is it safe to buy them second hand? (Like from ebay, etc.)

These are the two I bought if anyone is interested....

PRINCESS

WINNIE THE POOH

I wouldn't buy too many. Not all babies tolerate being swaddled, DD absolutely hated it and would go into complete hysterics if it was done to her. There's no point in buying a pile and then baby not liking it and you not getting the use out of them. Also I don't think you swaddle for too long anyway. I was also advised by the MWs in the hospital not to do it as it means that babies can't fully express their startle reflex and other emotional responses. Though I do know there are differing opinions about this.

The 2 will be good for now. Wait and see how your LO handles being swaddled. If enjoys it then would probably get 1 or 2 more and that be it.

i swaddled my DD in a normal blanket, never knew you could get these? also didn't know about the risk of SIDS either??

maybe start of with a few, just incase baby doesn't like it?

xxxx

So far I've only got a swaddle and a sleeping bag. My mum and grandmother have knitted stacks of blankets :wacko: but I'm not too keen on using them for her night sleeps. I guess I have to wait and see how she reacts. Apparently my grandmother used to swaddle me as a newborn, and I would have freed myself within minutes. So if my baby turns out to be anything like me, she will be the one to decide. :haha:

Here's what I've got:

https://www.mothercare.com/Bonfit-Baby-Mothercare-Swaddling-Blanket/dp/B000M4XOIE?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_1&nodeId=486623031&sr=1-1&qid=1325026347&pf_rd_r=1F2EVWV091X3KSMAQRQY&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=44397031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

https://www.mothercare.com/Summer-Infant-Swaddle-Pod-Neutral/dp/B003SY8KKC?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_2&nodeId=486623031&sr=1-2&qid=1325026347&pf_rd_r=1F2EVWV091X3KSMAQRQY&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=44397031&pf_rd_p=231490867&pf_rd_s=related-tab-3-5

And awaiting conversation with doctor as to what the safest option will be. :shrug:

I also have two, but I have gotten lots of the baby bags that have long sleeves and zip up that fit up to 6 months I believe. I want to see what baby likes/tolerates before buying more of anything.

Thank you everyone . Sorry internet is out so i am writing this on my iphone. I like the halo sleep sack swaddlers just because when baby is done with the swaddling stage , or if they do not like to be swaddled the swaddling feature can be taken off and it turns into a normal halo sleep sack with short sleeves :) i think i will take your advice and not buy many more just incase. Also i dont know if family will be sending me some or not :)

So, their sleep sack has a very good concept which is backed by scientific reasoning.

They have a swaddle that mimics the touch of a Mom, they have placed a slight weight on the chest & side areas. And stimulated touch is medically proven to calm babies by triggering a self-soothing response thus improving their ability to regulate stress.

:flower: :thumbup:

We had 3 for each growth stage with my first, and we're going to buy a few more (they are expensive!) so we can do laundry only once a week. Or try to at least lol. DS1 had reflux as a baby and we were constantly washing spit up off the sleep sacks.

I will say that our first was strong enough when he was born to break any kind of swaddle we placed him in except for the sleep sacks. He liked being swaddled, but I think he liked our frustration more lmao. He would wait until we had him nice and swaddled in a blanket, and then punch his little arms free. The sleep sacks solved that issue and he loved them.

I agree. When my bub was first born I had to buy so many blankets and brands to figure out which swaddle he wouldn’t squirm and wiggle out of. I did settle on the sleep sack though.

It boils down to how often you want to wash them. My son had bad reflux so they HAD to be washed every day. So I had 5-6 of each size. When winter hit, I had 2-3 of each size in microfleece and cotton because our night temps are so temperamental. But I am not a do laundry every day kind of person. I’m a single mom with a full time job, so laundry doesn’t get touched until the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->