Handed my notice in at work

tinkabells

Reaction score
Hiya,
I handed my notice in, and was just wondering where i stand with benefits now?

I have finally got my housing benefit being sorted, i got my council tax benefit, im still waiting for my tax credits, im getting my mat pay from gov, will they stop this now? Or will carry on paying it until, it runs out in april, then i have to apply for income support?
What else am i intilted to?
Im completely lost on all of this xxx

if it is maternity allowance it will continue, if it is statutory maternity pay you wil be liable to payback to your employer anything you recieved over and above 123 a week (6 weeks at 90% for ex)
you dont mention child benefit?

there are certain benefits you aren't entitled to when you have given up your job so best check with CAB and job centre.

if it is maternity allowance it will continue, if it is statutory maternity pay you wil be liable to payback to your employer anything you recieved over and above 123 a week (6 weeks at 90% for ex)

You dont have to pay back the 6 weeks @ 90%. That is part of the SMP. Not employer specific.

I dont think u need to pay back the 90% for 6 wks as im sure that is part of smp, as in everyone getst his anyway Kx

oh right sorry, i must of picked it up wrong but what i actually was meaning anything over and above smp lol so if the 90% paid by employer then not this, but anything else - sorry

No my employer doesnt pay my maternity money, the job centre does, yeah i get child benefit xxx

I have worked as a payroll clerk and you do not have to pay back the 90%! All you would have to pay back is any money your employer adds to SMP (for eg, some employers pay full pay for x amount of weeks and SMP for the rest - you would have to pay back the difference between the SMP element and the SMP). The 90% of wage is part of SMP and depending on the size of the company, they can claim the majority back from the govt.

I don't think you can get IS until you have finished your SMP/MA.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"