Happy and sad at the same time

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I have real mixed feelings at the moment - glad that I now have a boy as this will be the last baby I have , though dissapointed for my daughter that she won't have a sister that can relate to girl things when they are older
I was so sure it would be a girl

Am really struggling with names as boys seem to have old names or chavvy names there's no in between like they have for girls and I've been wandering around the shops looking for nice clothes - can't find anything I like. - girls are soooo much easier

I hope in time I will be happier about it

massive hugs, I know exactly how you are feeling. A few months ago I could have written the same exact post myself. I grew up with nothing but brothers, and while everyone wanted our second to be a boy, I really wanted a girl because I wanted DD to grow up with and have that sisterly bond that I never did, and like you said, girls are sooo much easier, their clothes are simply adorable, I took me forever to finally pick out my son's name, and I enjoyed looking through girl names so much more.

I am happy with my son though, don't get me wrong, and DD is just so thrilled to be a big sister and have a sibling that she could care less about gender. She adores her baby brother.

What helped me was online shopping for baby boy things ans clothes just for fun, I eventually started finding boy clothes that I thought were really cute and I actually liked. My son is still really young, and I'm new to being a mommy to a boy, so I don't know much yet, but I can say that one of the best things about having a little boy is that majority of the time they are total momma's boys. Now that DS has started smiling, he only gets excited and gives big smiles to me :)

I hope you feel better soon!

I guess you need to remember that not all sisters end up with that sisterly bond. I don't have it with my older sister, infact he hated me as a baby and oven tried to drown me as a toddler ( she pushed my head under the water in the bath and held it ) mum was in the room back had her back turned. Was a shock for her to see when she realised what was happening! She picked on me and never really had anything to do with me until she was pregnant with my nephew. Still not the closest but a lot better now then it was. I do however have a really close bond with one of my younger sisters who is 3 years younger then me I guess that's because my big sister had nothing to do with me so I spent my time with my other sister. And my two youngest siblings my brother and sister ( they are 16 and 19 ) are best mates, I really admire the relationship they have.
So at the end of the day I'm sure they will have a lovely bond and she won't have to share any of her clothes or make up when she's a teenager lol!
As for boys names I agree they are tough. My boys are Seth and Eli. Took me 9 mths to come up with DS2 name lol

Totally understand. I am glad my son has another boy to relate too but I really wanted a girl for me. I always just wanted the two, one boy and one girl or even just one girl. I have a nephew and a little brother so I've btdt with the baby boy thing. I'm so over it. I really wanted to just experience the newness that a girl would bring. I am happy and adore my little Avery in my belly. I cried happy tears after the scan but struggled with not flipping out on the scan table because I was disappointed. I keep flipping back and forth between excitement and being upset. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->