HAPPY BIRTHDAY Home Birthers & Hopefuls!

Big thank you to starting the Homebirthers thread Lisa, It has been brilliant!
I would have loved to have been able to read and share my worries and frustration while planning my first homebirth.. but found you all a little too late!

I did though, still find it an invaluable resource, and a wonderful way to talk to other women who have had homebirths, or planning homebirths. I really felt this need to share and connect with other women who were in the same situations - as it can be an isolating experience at times! Some people just don't seem to know what homebirths are all about, and I just wanted to shout from the rafters about my homebirth, and how birth can be reclaimed by women.. but (hahahaha) couldn't find many people to listen to me¬! (though, I don't let that stop me vocalising in my day to day life!)

I can't remember what page number I joined in, but it was about 40 ish, and I did read the from the beginning! I remember some ladies reading the whole thing from 200 pages! Quite an achievement!

There is a massive amount of advice and stories on there, it is just invaluable! Any or all of the feelings you have or had do have about your birth, someone is there to echo your thoughts, and reassure you!

Swear it is the friendliest place on BnB! (I'm terribly bias) :hugs:
XxX

---------------
I've just been looking back and it was snagglepat who introduced me to the thread. She also was a brilliant virtual doula for me in the beginnings of labour, as even then I was on the laptop! hahaha!
Then Mmum and I met in a debate about the possibility of the ambulance service charging for taking a pregnant women to hospital!.. and I joined in sice then.
It's really nice to look back, and see how many has changed in our lifes and how we have all been supporting each other ever since!

^^^ I rmemebr being told that about ambulance charging if you were in labour because its not an emergnecy.

Our problem was I was due around xmas so in all likelihood couldnt have gotten a taxi, we didnt drive, have no family here and couldnt expect the odd friend that has a car to be on alert over the holidays so we might have ended up in one lol.

Hubby enedd up passing his test Dec 14th and I was due 17th and went 10 days over lol.

No pressure for your OH to pass his test by you due date then!! lol! That must have been cool, just passed, and taking his wife to meet his new family! XxX

lol he did it in 30 hours of lessons with only 2 minors too. He's a jammy git though.

Big thank you to starting the Homebirthers thread Lisa, It has been brilliant!
I would have loved to have been able to read and share my worries and frustration while planning my first homebirth.. but found you all a little too late!

I did though, still find it an invaluable resource, and a wonderful way to talk to other women who have had homebirths, or planning homebirths. I really felt this need to share and connect with other women who were in the same situations - as it can be an isolating experience at times! Some people just don't seem to know what homebirths are all about, and I just wanted to shout from the rafters about my homebirth, and how birth can be reclaimed by women.. but (hahahaha) couldn't find many people to listen to me¬! (though, I don't let that stop me vocalising in my day to day life!)

I can't remember what page number I joined in, but it was about 40 ish, and I did read the from the beginning! I remember some ladies reading the whole thing from 200 pages! Quite an achievement!

There is a massive amount of advice and stories on there, it is just invaluable! Any or all of the feelings you have or had do have about your birth, someone is there to echo your thoughts, and reassure you!

Swear it is the friendliest place on BnB! (I'm terribly bias) :hugs:
XxX

---------------
I've just been looking back and it was snagglepat who introduced me to the thread. She also was a brilliant virtual doula for me in the beginnings of labour, as even then I was on the laptop! hahaha!
Then Mmum and I met in a debate about the possibility of the ambulance service charging for taking a pregnant women to hospital!.. and I joined in sice then.
It's really nice to look back, and see how many has changed in our lifes and how we have all been supporting each other ever since!

Your arrival on this thread could not have been better timed. You came along with your no nonsense, to the point, strong, powerful posts.....I was hanging on your every word!!! Thank YOU!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->