Happy Stress-Mas!

AngienDaniel

Reaction score
Yep. I am suffering from 'first IVF, pre-Christmas, please don't make me kick your butt-itis!'
Why is it that stress comes in tons during the most important time of my present life? I try to reduce and it flies in like a swarm of locusts!

I am slow with saving money for our IVF trip. My Mom says she is bringing 4 of my sisters kids down to stay with us, (my Mom lives in the same neighborhood as I). They're ages 15 to 3 years. (Note above where I said I was having trouble saving money for our trip.) Now I must feed 4 extra kids. I also just got invited after 4 years and 3 months (of marriage to my Bestie) for the very first time to my husbands family's house on the 28th of December. We do not speak to them. Plus, I must child-proof my house, get done with the last minute details of my IVF, like my (gag me) pap smear. Nothing like a strange man's disgusting hands on my personal area and my boobs just a few days before Christmas! So looking forward to that (completely embarrassing, most intimate thing a person can experience) with a total stranger. Yep, new doctor.. So after I spent the day shaving, cutting my hair, finishing my nails and cleaning up everyone's messes, I get to stress about how much stress I have.
This sucks! I am calling tomorrow about acupuncture. If my insurance doesn't cover acupuncture I am gonna fib and say my back hurts and go to a Chiropractor. :) Man, I wish I wasn't so strapped from saving money for IVF. Maybe I will just give myself a pedicure. Gotta get rid of some of this end-of-the-year stress!

How is everyone getting rid of their end-of-the-year stress??

Hi, hun! Wow. Lots going on. The stress IVF in the mix of the holidays can bring. I think I saw you post in the Jan IVF thread, right? Sorry if I'm wrong. I believe you wrote you're doing mini-IVF? I am as well.. Two different reasons. I respond poorly to high meds because of my low amh and high fsh so my new re is very quality over quantity which is what mini-IVF is all about. Would love to have a buddy doing the same protocol!

I did write in the January IVF. I also am doing Mini IVF. I don't have an RE, but the last doctor I had gave me all the tests for infertility as I had multiple early losses and all came back normal. I had both my tubes removed in July. I get to do the Mini cycle because so far I am just missing those very important tubes. :)
My clinic is doing just 100mg Clomid on days 3-7 and Gonal-F on days 8 and 9. Then retrieval and transfer. 3 day transfer and I 'think' they let you transfer up to 3 embryos. (If I have that many.)
What does your clinic do?
I chose my clinic specifically for the 3 embryo transfer since I wanted a little extra percentage of success. I must admit that I do not want 3 children at one time, but I don't want to put this financial burden on us again and would prefer using our finances on caring for 2 babies ((or maybe three)) than to go through this emotional struggle anymore. My clinic is in New York, but I live in Pennsylvania. That's the only real big problem I have had with this whole experience; I wish I could have found a closer clinic.
I bet you are excited! Is this your first IVF?

I went back and read your signature where you have had IVF before- Sorry you have to go through this again.

I am so sorry about your losses!! What clinic are you going to in NY? I am in NY as well. I'm at the Sher Institute.

I have my consult with my nurse on the 30th so I'll know more about my schedule then. The doctor had mentioned putting me on Femara and then low doses of Follistim and Menopur as well. He also told me he wants to do a 5-day transfer. I will be putting in 2 again, fx I have that many as well!!!

The traveling does suck, but I hope it's worth it for you!!!

Unfortunately this will be my third attempt at IVF. My first IVF I transferred two on day 3, bfn. My second IVF ended up being canceled due to poor response. So new RE, new protocol now and hoping I get lucky this time!

I am headed to Long Island IVF. I am kind of looking forward to being in a hotel and being stress free. No cleaning... no cleaning... no cleaning... I can't seem to move past that one. :)
I am sorry about your IVFs. I will pray for this cycle for you and your husband.
I get my schedule on the 31st. I am very excited.
You will be on lots of meds! I was on Clomid twice and I thought I was going to die from the swollen abdomen afterward. I was only on 50 mg.. I am a little scared about that. I did conceive both times though, even though I lost them. I bought my husband a onesie that says, "Baby Tweedle, worth the wait". I am pretty psyched to give him the gift when I get a positive pregnancy test. ((Praying and believing))
Do you have a special way that you are going to tell your husband? I am really excited about that part. Telling him he is going to be a Daddy will be such an awesome gift and so worth the aggravation of this process.
I don't even think my clinic does 5 day transfers. I am trying to be real positive though about every part of this experience and trying to keep fear out of my heart. Sometimes that is hard when stress comes in.

Will your husband be there with you during your transfer? Mine has to work and can't take a day off. I have a great sock-buddy though so I won't feel like I am having a baby alone.

My aunt went to LI IV! No cleaning sounds amazing!!! LOL

Thanks, hun. You're in my prayers as well!.

I've tried Clomid for two cycles. Only side effect for me was killer headaches. Hope it's not so bad for you this time around.

That onesie idea sounds so so cute! I've thought of special ways to tell my hubby but I think I'm just going to want to tell him as soon as it happens! lol.

My husband wasn't able to be there for my last transfer. He had to work as well! I hope he can come this time.

I have a hard time not blurting it out too, but after so many losses I have decided to be a little more sure before I tell him. It is hard to tell him I am expecting and then tell him I am miscarrying... I have had way too many of those moments so I am gonna wait until my second blood draw if I can, unless it's really high on the first go!

I have a hard time not blurting it out too, but after so many losses I have decided to be a little more sure before I tell him. It is hard to tell him I am expecting and then tell him I am miscarrying... I have had way too many of those moments so I am gonna wait until my second blood draw if I can, unless it's really high on the first go!

I understand. I've never had a bfp.. so when I get my first one one day I will probably want to scream it on out top of roof tops! lol

I lost a friend once over someone else saying, "at least you've had a bfp." I never could decide which was worse, getting a positive and losing it or never getting one at all. I think either one is a horrible loss.
Sorry for your horrible loss.

I lost a friend once over someone else saying, "at least you've had a bfp." I never could decide which was worse, getting a positive and losing it or never getting one at all. I think either one is a horrible loss.
Sorry for your horrible loss.

Yeah, I cant decide which is worse either!! I hope this new year brings us both happiness!

Happy Christmas, Beneath! May God give you and your husband a nice, dark, bfp! He is pretty cool like that! :)
Oh, and if He has time, He can give me one too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->