Happyland?

anita123

Married, mummy to 4
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Im just wondering if any of you have got Happyland stuff for your lo's at around 1yr old?
We were in ELC earlier and i spotted the Happyland surprise bag for £2 and decided to get dd one to see what she thought of it and she hasnt left it down all day!! Now im thinking about getting her something like the little cottage for Christmas but am wondering if she would be too young to really play with it since she will only have turned 1.

DD got the rose cottage and dinosaur for her first bday and she loved them, still does play with them. Initially it's more the figures that capture their interest but they interact with the sets more as they get the concept of role playing.

I got DD quite a few Happyland sets last Christmas when she'd just turned 1 (her birthday is Dec 19) and she played with them pretty much immediately i'd say. I got the rosebud cottage, dinosaur, rocket and train set. I think the kettle cottage with the mice is really cute in the current range :flower:

I got DD some for Christmas when she was 22 months and she hardly bothered with them at all. I sold some of them on and kept a couple just in case she started to play with them. They sat untouched for ages but she has started to play with them over the last couple of months so it was worth keeping them. A friend of mine who has older children said that although toys like this are marketed for quite young children, they often don't start to play with them until they are 3 or 4 years old.

I got some for DS last Christmas when he was 20 months and he wasn't bothered by them until he was just over 2 and now he plays with them everyday! But DD loves them and shes only 8 months, all she does is bash and chew the people etc but she loves them!

My wee man turned 1 last dec 4th and I bought loads of happy land. Its by far his fav toy :)!

Harvey got the castle with wizards and dragons when he was 1.5 and loved it. Vincent was playing with it before he even turned one and got the Dino set and fire station Der Christmas that year. Although he liked playing them earlier it wasn't until he was nearly 2 that he started properly role playing with them. Harvey is 4 now and is just starting to grow out of them so they do last a while.

My two have just turned 3 and are now only starting to get interested in it. But my 11 month old loves to play with the little figures... for about 10 secs lol

Well we went for a nosey around and ended up picking dd up the Happyland farm and a set of animals as well to go with it. If she doesn't play with it i will haha
Hopefully she will enjoy playing with it as much as she is playing with the little happyland figure we bought her yesterday

My LO is almost exactly the same age and we are planning to get her some Happyland sets. Even if she doesn't actually understand imaginative play yet she will enjoy the figures and by the time she is 18 months plus she may start to get it a little more. I have a few presents in mind that are probably too old for my 1yo but as it will be a full year til her birthday/Christmas she won't really be getting any more toys so she can use them later in the year.

i got m some happyland when he was 18 months and he wasnt really intetested till he was 2+. he still plays with them now. harvey loves it already though however im going to hold off til nrxt xmas to get him the better sets when he will appreciate them more

I have got dd the bluebell fairy boot set (or something like that, can't remember what it is called!) She will be 1 on jan 5th.
She may be a bit young to play 'properly with them but I think she will enjoy them anyway, and I don't plan on buying many toys through the year next year so the ones she gets at christmas/birthday need to last her all year.

They have happyland in the baby room at my son's nursery. I didn't know what they were so asked to see them when they said he was playing with the happy land. Like others have said she might not really 'get it' yet but can still interact and play with them now and will be able to role play when she is older. I've put them on my ideas list for family to get my LO as he seems to like them.

my kids have had since oldest was 1 ish they all still play with it oldest now 7 - i think its great stuff

My youngest was playing with her sister's Happyland stuff from before a year old. If you forget ideas of how they should play with them properly, as long as they're having fun it doesn't matter. She started off playing with just the people/animals, then moved onto cars, then was playing 'properly' with the houses etc by 18 months, maybe a bit younger. If they just play with the people for now, it gives them room to grow with the toys and you get better value from them as they're played with for longer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->