hard bump....?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by augustbaby09, Apr 20, 2009.

1. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

For few weeks ive felt baby turning and its always bit uncomfortable.Iam guessing it is her and i feel a rolling sensation and pressing against the front.

However lately ive felt it more - perhaps because she is getting bigger.Few times now on the right hand side of my bellybutton ive had a feeling of her inside turning and then there is a very hard point.Ive touched it a few times but it sort of freaked me out. It was like her body (bigger then a foot) pressing against me (i think). She was quiet yesterday and was quite lively earlier kicking etc - although bit sleepy now i think.

The thing is ive noticed sometimes when i lay there my bump goes very hard.Its not painful though.Its happened few times today.Maybe there is slight discomfort if i concentrate lots but nothing major.Should i be worried or is this normal..? Im guessing before it was her pressing against me as id feel the rolling sensation inside then the uncomfortable pushing into me. This however doesnt hurt much it just makes my stomach feel bit hard particularly low down.Its not really above my belly button though just to the sides of my bellybutton and bit lower.

2. Armywife

Armywife Mummy to 2 beauties

Hey sweetie, sorry but i have no idea. My bump is hard all the time and feels really uncomfortable sometimes, other people have even commented on how hard it is. I'm not sure why though. Sorry i couldn't be more help x x x

3. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

I get this too hon I shouldn't worry. Sometimes in the morning he curls himself up in the front of my belly because I lay on my side then when I role over he turns himself back to transverse. I can understand his movements a lot more now.

4. Miss_Mo

Miss_Mo Mom to 3 under 4

I've noticed that at night right before I'm ready to go to bed my bump 'hardens' significantly. I've just chalked it up to the baby getting himself ready for bed too.

5. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

Thanks girls.
    ill mention it too midwife on thurs when i go.Im sure she'll say its baby just curling up moving into me . Its just a very weird sensation with minor discomfort and im pretty sure it will be considered normal. Thanks though ill ask anyways but im guessing i shouldn't panick too much unecessarily. :)

6. highlandlassi

highlandlassi pregnant with twins

i just asked my doc today about the exact same thing, and she said it is braxton hicks. just practise contractions basically. she said they can happen as early as twelve weeks. nothing to worry about.