Hard, globular mucus. Fertility Plug?

dreamingofbab

Reaction score
Hi All. I am TTC #1 and this is our second month TTC.

I always monitor my Cervical mucus, but I thought the "fertile" mucus was the clumpy, very sticky, globular bits I get about 3-5 days before I ovulate? Or could that be the cervical mucus plug coming out?

It kind of looks like clear, hardish jelly/Jell-O?

The fertile mucus is clear, thin and very stretchy. If it's sticky, it's infertile. Your mucus plug will form after conception.

I sometimes get the thick globby bits of cm. I had tons of it early this cycle. I was kinda weirded out by it because I wasn't sure what was happening since I'd not had it before the way I did this cycle. But then it changed to watery and then the very thin, very stretchy clear cm.

Baby dust to you!

Hi Eris, thanks for the reply. That´s so strange, I always note this down as the start of my fertile window, as after I see it, I think I get the stretchy mucus and I ovulate a few days later.

I am pretty sure you have a "mucus plug" that covers the cervix every month to protect it from infection/bacteria and therefore it is possible to see it released just before ovulation?

Anyone else know more about this?

Awesome question! I've def had this on more than one occasion.

I'm pretty sure you are correct that you do have a 'mucus' plug most times of the month except during the obvious times. Ovulation and Menstration.

I did google search it and women have had the same thing. I'm curious now and have the urge to search my med book. :)

Hehe Pix! That would be great, let me know if you get any good ideas :)

Otherwise will keep looking for EWCM this monthg :) Baby dust x

Let me point out why you should NOT monitor nor use CM as any kind of indicator. Firstly you shouldn't be sticking things in your vagina to check, you can introduce infection, no matter how clean or careful you are, which could later lead to blocked tubes. Secondly ther are the standards for what is idea, but thats in no means a necessary for conception. Also the most accurate indicators are not CM but temping, bloodwork, OPKs and the like.

Traditionally a mucous plug forms after conception to cover the cervix and prevent infection into the vagina during pregnancy but that is not in early pregnancy, only in later stages of pregnancy. That being said mucous build up can occur inside the vagina and is a common cause of fallopian tube blockage. So mucous yes, but a plug not necessarily. There are multiple types of cervical mucous ranging from thing and watery to lotiony, with or without some clumps to clear, white, slightly yellow (not necessarily an indicator of infection) and so on. whats important is that there is no foul odor or greenish color as well as excessive lumps which are other problems which should be taken care of.

Fertile mucous in and of itself is NOT stick but is slippery and stretchy.

But dont quote me on anything, this is just research of a vehement kind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->