Hard lump/bump just above pubic bone??? - Now with photo

Jetset

Reaction score
Any ideas whether this is normal?

My first thought would be bladder, but not sure. Anyone on here know about that area's anatomy. Charts don't look to show anything being there.

If its just barely above your pubic bone it could be that you are feeling your uterus, though it doesnt usually come up that high just yet.

i would think uterus, but it usually wont pop up till like 13 weeks

Thank you ladies...

I normally have a very taught lower tummy due to the amount of dressage I do with my four horses. I think this is why I noticed this strange hard lump / bump when it arrived this week. It is quite hard, and when I sit up from lying down it actually pops out even more. I would say it is the size of a large grapefruit at the moment, and is even obvious when I am just stood.

I have attached a picture below of it last night. You can see my hip bones and then this almost pointy lump inbetween them. I feel silly going to the doctor when it could be something like my bladder or another piece of anatomy that is very normal. So I thought I would post on here to try and get some ideas.

https://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l592/_jetset_/8thJune2011.jpg

But why would it be hard at this stage? I am only 5 weeks and 5 days... Is it worth me popping in to the doctors then? It feels very strange to have this hard thing there :o

In early pregnancy your uterus stays behind the pubic bone. But this pushes up your organs which makes a 'bump' appear.
You will know the difference when you're later on and it really 'pops'

I felt mine way before now, bearing in mind this is also my third pregnancy and this is twins so i guess that would be normal.

But could just be cos your slim? My SIL always shows really early, like super early! and she is skinny so could just be that? you could call as ask though, thats what they are there for x

Ah that strange hard lump wil b your baby soon its only cause your thin there could be an element of bloating as that does feel like a very hard lump

Looks like baby to me, but don't feel silly going to the doctors if you are worried. Especially if you are in pain too.

Nope, no pain... just a lump :o I get the odd tugging sensation inside, just below my tummy botton, which feels like someone playing tug of war in there, but I am guessing that this is just the body stretching and muscles being pulled a little?

I actually feel so much better than I did at the beginning of the week and other than feeling tired I am still as active as ever.

The lump seems to get harder as the day goes on but it was hard this morning when I got up and remains so. Very very strange :o

maybe you're further along than you think?? xx

I don't think so because I had a scan on Monday which said I was 5 weeks and 2 days (exactly right)... I am wondering whether it is because my muscles are so tight that there is not as much room in that area?

Who knows then!! I thought if your muscles were strong you wouldnt show as early..mysterious!

That is exactly what I originally thought too... Hence why I was a bit concerned about the mystery lump / bump that seems to be getting harder and bigger each day. Plus, I always thought you started to show more upwards, towards your belly button, whereas this little blighter is really quite low down :o

Perhaps it is some organ and I am being hugely ridiculous!

yeah its going to be your uterus and a bit of bloat. It will be cos your so slim, my friend could never get away with the whole 12 week thing, cos she showed really early!!

i have the exact same thing, im only 8 weeks but have had it at least 2 weeks, defo your uterus, if i lean back whilst looking at it, mine becomes even more pronounced, dont let it worry you, its normal xxxxx:thumbup:

Yeah mine is the same...

Hopefully that is all it is :)

Its a very cute lil bump whatever it is hunni :winkwink: Wish I had one like that but Im like a big bloater fish at the min :rofl: Glad things are going better for you now.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->