hard toys for newborns?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by 21Rach, Dec 12, 2009.

1. 21Rach

21Rach Mum & TTC

hiya, sorry to jump in but u mummies are best people to ask..

seems a bit hard to believe that some the toys available for babies (they say newborn) are suitable for newborns? can we really give em hard plastic like those plasticy link things? thank u :kiss:

x

2. DolceBella

DolceBella Mum of 2 Gingers!!

When they're very newborn, they won't be interested in many toys at all. But by the time they're a couple months and interested, the plastic toys are fine. We have a mix of plastic ones and soft ones.

3. sarah0108

sarah0108 Well-Known Member

yep i agree, hard toys are good once they get interested in things because they can grip them :)

as newborns i found they tend to stare at colours etc, harriet used to lay in her cot for about an hour just looking at her toys and sometimes she would reach out to touch them!! x

4. xkirstyx

xkirstyx mummy to Jack and Emily

i agree jack is only just now starting to notice toys and wanting to touch them. he still doesnt want to play he just likes looking at the colours x

5. 21Rach

21Rach Mum & TTC

thanks mummies :) x

6. dizzyisacow

dizzyisacow wife,mother & myself

when they are a tad older you make sure they arent in their crib or anywhere where they can roll on them. but they are fine for them to play with!

7. charliesmom

charliesmom Dad, daughter, 2 chis

They don't need toys until they're about 3 months old. Newborns only want food and rest and some socialization. About 1-2 months, they'll want to start looking at contrasting colors and shapes, but they do not need to physically touch toys.. they can't grasp anything.