Harmony 2 WW

PurpleIvy44

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Is anyone else waiting on genetic blood test results? I had my blood drawn yesterday afternoon and now I just have to wait for the results. I'm 38 and DH is 41. The nurse said my nausea is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy but I had no symptoms with my DD and she came out beautiful so I can't go by that. I try not to think about it but when I do I think "what if". I'm praying for a healthy baby and on a happy note, I will find out the sex by 12 weeks!

Yes I too am waiting for my harmony results, the wait just seems to take forever doesn't it :( I'm a week into my wait so got another week to wait unfortunately. I have a 1-130 chance of DS (result from blood test with a NT measurement of 2.4mm from 12 week scan). I am 34 and felt I would be happy to pay for Harmony before going down the amino route if I need too. Had lots of sickness during early pregnancy too and have a separation of the sac which caused a bleed around week 9 so it's not been an easy pregnancy so far (I'm week 14 now). Like you I pray everything will be ok. Will let you know how I get on, will you let us know too?

We are having the panorama blood test done next Monday at 9w1d. I'm so nervous and anxious already! The dr said it should take 7-10 days for results. He was going to wait until 10 weeks to do it but I told him I was really hoping to have results by Mother's Day, so he's doing it at 9 weeks. Good luck!! I hope you get good results and the next 2 weeks go by fast!

Hi ladies, good luck to you both. Nerve racking isn't it? I was told 2 weeks but she also said that a rep was in recently and though the results should be returned quicker. I go back 5/5 for my 12 week appointment but she said they would call if they came back sooner.

Hi All - I'm also in the Harmony 2WW.

My bloods got taken a week past on Monday and the clinic said it would be 2 weeks but sometimes as quick as 10 days for results (so I've been checking my emails constantly today :wacko:)

My NT scan had measurement of 1.2mm at 13 weeks, so it looks encouraging but after 2 losses last year I don't count my chickens:cry:

So far, I've not felt able to celebrate or even enjoy this pregnancy, for the fear of miscarriage and now chromosomal defects:dohh: we have told about 4 people but not made any announcements, no baby related purchases etc etc. I'll be 14 weeks on Saturday.

Hi All - I'm also in the Harmony 2WW.

My bloods got taken a week past on Monday and the clinic said it would be 2 weeks but sometimes as quick as 10 days for results (so I've been checking my emails constantly today :wacko:)

My NT scan had measurement of 1.2mm at 13 weeks, so it looks encouraging but after 2 losses last year I don't count my chickens:cry:

So far, I've not felt able to celebrate or even enjoy this pregnancy, for the fear of miscarriage and now chromosomal defects:dohh: we have told about 4 people but not made any announcements, no baby related purchases etc etc. I'll be 14 weeks on Saturday.

Oh you should be hearing soon! You're just 3 weeks ahead of me. :winkwink: I'm sure everything will turn out fine but I totally understand on not telling too many people. I think I'm going to wait until 20 weeks to tell FB ppl, if at all. Friends and co-workers will know sooner b/c I've already start to show some. I've got so much bloat that I can pass it off as gaining weight. Let us know how it goes.

I just got my blood drawn today for Panorama. I'm excited/nervous to know gender and of course to make sure all is well. Heck, I'm just excited to be 11 weeks tomorrow! Lost my only other pregnancy at 10 weeks. I feel like knowing the gender will make it so real!

Hi All, I got my results back from Harmony!

It's the best possible results lowest risk of <1:10,000 - to say we're on cloud nine is an understatement:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Also, it's a boy :cloud9: - not that we were bothered either way, but it's nice to know because it makes it more real:blush:

Called my folks last night and told them, they are made up - I didn't want to tell until I had proper good news, as those of us who've had a loss know the more people you tell, the more you have to "untell".

Anyway, there will be no big FB announcements from us either, but neither is it going to be a secret. I'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and I have a wee bit of a tummy but it looks more like a food baby tbh:haha:

I will hang out with you guys til we all get our results :flower:

Brilliant news Empire!! I too got my results back today and I also got a low risk result 1-10,000 I actually don't believe it yet!! The company tried calling twice and I was too scared to take the call!! We are having a girl :) I will also keep checking in regularly to see how everyone else gets on. I keep my fingers crossed you all hear soonx

That's fab news Willow, congratulations!!!:flower:

My clinic told me they would email if it was good and call if it was bad so the phone was monitored all day as well as emails.

Best feeling ever...:thumbup:

Congratulations Empire & Willow!! That's excellent news and now you know what your having. So exciting. I'm sure you will but have a great weekend. I still have next week......:wacko:

Fingers are crossed for you purple and the rest of the ladies on this thread.

Maybe your results will come sooner, mine came back in the shortest time they advised (10 days).

Longest 10 days of my life, lol

Mine came back in 9 days so fingers crossed for everyone on this thread you don't have to wait the 2 full weeks.

Did those days include the weekend? They probably received it Wed morning so it's only been 3 days now.

Yes 9 days including weekends so I'm assuming the same will be for you too :)

Yeah mine was 10 days in total, blood draw on the Monday, results on the Thursday evening. I live in Scotland so the bloods went via London to the USA, imagine that adds another day to it.

Quick update on my situation - got a letter from the NHS today regarding the combined screening results I had last week, wanting to discuss these (and further screening options) in an appointment later this week.

Very glad I have the Harmony results because this is some scary stuff.

I have a question. I guess it kind of depends on how I get my results. They said they would call but I could see it on my "My Chart" first, which is like my online medical records. Anyway, I'm anxious to get the results but wonder if I should wait and look at the results when my husband can be there too. I really won't have a choice if they call me but if I have to return the call or look online, should I wait? What did you gals do?

With the clinic I went through the advice was that the consultant would CALL if it were bad news and email if it was okay, so I kept my phone handy as well as checking my email - I don't think email is a good platform for delivering bad news.:wacko:

I was told my telephone call which was pretty nerve wracking because I was on my own and if it were bad news I think I would have preferred someone to be with me. Results were later confirmed by email.

Empire can I ask how you feel now you have been given the results by the NHS? Are you still happy with the harmony result? I know this sounds a bit of a stupid question and I know harmony is still very accurate. I was told I had a 1-130 chance of downs from a private scan hence why I went for harmony. I am still awaiting my result from NHS (they couldn't get NT measurement on a scan so relying on bloods only) and expect them to come back to me soon with a high risk result, but does it satisfy you that Harmony has 'over-ruled' the NHS result?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->