Has a higher dose of Clomid worked for you?

kerrbear7183

Mommy to 2
Reaction score
We are TTC#2. I don't ovulate regularly, so to get pregnant with my now 2 year old son I was on Clomid 50mg for 2 cycles. I first cycle I ovulated on CD21ish. My second cycle I ovulated on CD17 and got pregnant with my son.

I am taking Clomid again. My first cycle didn't show ovulation on the CD21 progesterone level. That cycle was 41 days. I had a progesterone level on Monday (CD23 because I worked 12 hours on CD21 and CD22) and it showed I did not ovulate.

I am not temping or using OPKs because I wanted less stress this time around. I'm waiting on a call from my doctor for what the plan is, so I'm just wondering if a higher dose of Clomid helped anyone ovulate early enough in the cycle when lower doses did not. If so, can you tell me about your cycles and doses?

I don't ovulate at all naturally.

1st cycle 50mg ovulated cd 14 BFN
2nd cycle 50mg no ovulation, took progesterone
3rd cycle 100mg ovulated cd 31 BFP with my lg

For me it seemed to get less effective but I've read it stays in your system which is why you don't normally do more than 6 cycles. My dr just said it is a bit unpredictable and for my worked differently.

Good luck x if it's any consolation I had very few side effects and they weren't much worse on the higher dose

Also if your cycle was 41 days last time you would probably have ovulated around cd27 so maybe the test was too early? You may ovulate a bit later on the lower dose. Don't give up hope, even late ovulation will give you a baby :)

Cycle 1 and 2 (50mg) i ovulated late as normal (CD22 and then CD27) but then i upped it to 100mg and ovulated on CD16.

Took Clomid in 2009 to conceive DS2. Had ovarian drilling and took 50mg and pregnant first cycle.
This time, straight to 100 mg. month 1... Late ovulation CD27, month 2... CD15 and just waiting to confirm ovulation this month (our last month). Xx

Yes, I was on 50g first cycle. Dr. bumped me to 100g second cycle and it was successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->