Has any one been pregnant but had negative urine tests?? (3 Days Late but BFN)

Lucky77

Reaction score
Hi All,

A little background info, I had odd brown spotting from March 15-17 (possibly implantation bleeding). I usually have a 30 day cycle and probably ovulated anywhere from March 8-12. My last period was February 25. Now my period is 3 days late (this has never happened before) and I don't feel like my cycle will start anytime soon. I've taken several pregnancy tests (FRER and EPT) all of them were negative. The last test I took was on March 27 (1 day late) and it was negative. Has anyone experienced negative urine tests days after their period was due but was in fact pregnant? Earlier in my cycle I thought I felt early pregnancy symptoms (ex: fatigue, hungrier, gas, headache, bleeding gums not due to poor hygiene, increased cervical mucous etc) but now I feel fine. The only things I am still experiencing are increased cervical mucous and fatigue. Any ideas?

OMGGGGG, we're in the SAME boat.

Only differences are my LMP was Feb. 21, I don't have much CM, and I've been too nervous to test.

I'm gonna follow this thread though, because I wanna know, too! Good luck, Lucky!!!!

YES!!! I, myself have been pregnant three times, and two of those times I had negative pregnancy tests at home before learning that I was pregnant. I tested positive at home with a fact plus pregnancy test when I was 8 days late with my first one, a boy. However, with my daughter, I suspected I may be pregnant so I took another fact plus test (since it worked so great the first time around) and the test showed negative. Well, one week later I went to the doctor because I had a bad stomach flu...(or so I thought), and it turned out that I was already 9 weeks pregnant! The last time I got pregnant, unfortunately I had a miscarriage because I thought I was pregnant, the doctor told me that my test was negative so i got depo...two weeks later, I had a full miscarriage at seven weeks :( So, long story short, yes it is possible to have negative tests and still be pregnant. Good luck ladies!

YES!!! I, myself have been pregnant three times, and two of those times I had negative pregnancy tests at home before learning that I was pregnant. I tested positive at home with a fact plus pregnancy test when I was 8 days late with my first one, a boy. However, with my daughter, I suspected I may be pregnant so I took another fact plus test (since it worked so great the first time around) and the test showed negative. Well, one week later I went to the doctor because I had a bad stomach flu...(or so I thought), and it turned out that I was already 9 weeks pregnant! The last time I got pregnant, unfortunately I had a miscarriage because I thought I was pregnant, the doctor told me that my test was negative so i got depo...two weeks later, I had a full miscarriage at seven weeks :( So, long story short, yes it is possible to have negative tests and still be pregnant. Good luck ladies!

Thanks, so it is possible. I'm beginning to think that maybe the spotting on the 15th was just an early period because I'm 4 days late now and I took both a urine and blood test yesterday and they were negative so I don't know why my period is late :nope:

Hi Ladies,

I'm pretty much in the same boat, my LMP was 23rd Feb and they range from 28-37 days and still no sign of AF.

I've had menstrual like cramps for the past 6 days and I would only ever get them when AF has arrived and they would only last about 2 days, I'm very gassy and have been getting a metal taste in my mouth the past 3 days, 3 days ago I was bursting into tears on and off for no reason for the whole day. My nipples are slightly sore and the little bumps around the Areola are more raised than usual.

I've done 3 HPT's, 27th March, 1st April and another today and all BFN's. I'm hoping to come back to this thread soon and tell you I got a BFP.

Good Luck to you all :0)

I've been pregnant twice and never had a negative urine test - however that doesn't mean it never happens. I've read that false negatives are a lot more common than false positives. That can be due to people not following the exact instructions, or that its too early so the hormones are still too low to be detected.

Some tests might be more accurate when your period is over a week late (and that would also be a symptom in itself.) So I'd say try again in 4-6 days. Here's hoping you have good news!

the same thing is happening with me right now. i am 4 dayss late as of today, and all tests negative..i will test again tomorrow...what is going on, and im veyr very gassy

Hi, New to this forum! But wanted to let you know that yes this has happened to me. I took three home pregnancy tests that all said negative, I went to docs in the end as I didn't feel so good.. He told me I was stressed but done a test anyway and It was a positive!!

So yep it happens alright :)

i'm currently 3 weeks late and have tons of symptoms: latest one is metal taste in mouth and extra saliva. All tests have been BFN...........i guess it's just all in my head. huh?

Same boat here! Hope we all get all answers soon!

I have 3 children already. However I have never experienced the late periods and still get neg hpt. I have been under a lot of stress but 9 days late? And neg tests . My lmp was march 31st for 2 days and some brown spotting about day 5. No bleeding day 3 or 4. I have sore nipples gas dizziness and fatigue sporadic nausea. What is going on. Could I be preg. 3 urine test says neg? So confused:cry:

yeah im in the same prodicument to this poster...im 4 days late and bfn and no af still me and my man baby danced around your best chances and never baby dacend to ofterned ether lol any suggestions of WHHY?

I'm TTC and Im going through something myself hopefully its not another negative test....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->