has any1 paid for a private scan?

amyclaw84

Mommy 2 ella & Bump
Reaction score
just wondring if any1 has paid for one and if so are they worth £95 x

Hiya, I paid for a private nt scan with dd and going tomorrow for an nt scan again with this lo. I found the pictures slightly clearer, as the equipment is usually high spec. Mine is slightly more money because of doing the nt measurements but I've always felt they were worth it. I wouldn't hesitate in having a reassurance scan with them at cost if I was suddenly worried early on and I couldn't get in quick enough on the Nhs.

Xxxx

for an early scan? no I wouldnt say so. I had 2 private early scans and the first (at 8 weeks) we £50 and rubbish, well I loved seeing my dot but it wasnt brilliant, I'd save the money towards a 4d or sexing scan when you get to see a lot more of baby :) unless of course you need the scan for big reassurance then it is worth it! x

I had a private scan with my first but that was only because I had so many delays with meeting my midwife that by the time I did she couldn't get me in for a scan until 16 weeks. I was nervous with it being my first that we paid and had a private scan at 11 weeks. It was completely worth it for us at the time. However, I didn't have one this time as I had a scan booked in for 12 weeks so didnt see the need.
xxxx

thanks girlies gonna spk to other half in abit i no hes up for it and its totally for reasurance x

I did, I only hand my scan at 7 weeks and 5 days so I can't really comment much on the pictures as there is not much to see at this stage. Also the scan was literally about 10 mins long but it put my mind to rest and I feel so much better now I know that everything is okay. I will be able to wait until March 3rd without worrying now.

thanks girlies gonna spk to other half in abit i no hes up for it and its totally for reasurance x

I know what you mean. I know everything is good with my lil bean but i am in need of some reassurance for peace of mind. You only get a early scan on the NHS if you got medical problems. Thank God i don't have any:happydance:. But i really want a scan everyone keep posting they scan pictures its making my mind go into over overdrive :haha:. The prices in London for a scan is extortionate amount of money but i think its going to be well worth the money. Look at the things we waste money....:hugs: Good luck with your scan and the rest of your pregnancy x

We'll have one; just a 2d ultrasound at 16 weeks for reassurance, as my dating scan is likely to be early
xxx

I'm going for one on Sunday when I'll be 8+1. Can't wait til 12 weeks!! I'll let you know.

I'm going for one on Sunday when I'll be 8+1. Can't wait til 12 weeks!! I'll let you know.

Good luck:thumbup: with your scan on Sunday hope everything goes well. Hope you have a successful pregnancy :hugs:

we have juat booked in for a private scan i will be 7+3 we had a lil scare this week and had a scan at 5+4 seen my lil eggy but we still want to be reassured xx

I have a private 2d scan at 17 weeks to determine the sex because my hospital doesn't tell you :( And its costing us £180!

Babybond, gender scan and 4d for £80. I will be going in March. :)

awww glad its not just me then that wants one good look every1 who goes for one and hope it goes ok im still unsure if yo go for one yet ill be 8 weeks wed so may see if i can get in in next week if not i may aswell wait really x

im gonna have one at 7 weeks for reassurance i know it willl be worth it for the peace of mind til my 13 week:)
im gunna have another 4d one when im further along a few of my friends have had them and they are so unbelievable x

Totally worth it, we had ours yesterday at 9 weeks and saw the heartbeat. Paid £50 and it's really reassured me til I get the one on the NHS which could be up to 14 +1 before they do it!

x

Totally worth it, we had ours yesterday at 9 weeks and saw the heartbeat. Paid £50 and it's really reassured me til I get the one on the NHS which could be up to 14 +1 before they do it!

x

thats a good price i cant seam to find hardly any by me (midlands) was it just like a normal scan hun 3d? not an internal one ive heard ppl mention these so not sure x

It was a normal 2d one at this stage, she said if they couldn't see anything they do an internal. I am in Northamptonshire and had it done here ...

https://www.yourbabyscan.co.uk/price-list.php

This one is near Kettering;

https://www.previewultrasound.co.uk/News2.htm

Midlands - solihull

https://www.mums.me.uk/fees.html

Hinkley, Leicestershire

https://face2facebabyscans.co.uk/blog/maternity-scans/

Not sure where you are but there are a few about.

x

thanks hun im in near walsall or wolverhampton..think solihull be nearest thats 45mins from me so quite far there and back really x

There's one at sutton coldfield which might be closer I saw it as I was looking for mine, I bet there's loads in and around Birmingham that you might be near.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->