• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Has anybody conceived after laparoscopy for severe endometriosis

so broody

Mother of 1 ttc #2
Reaction score
hello, i have severe endometriosis. My ovaries are fused to my uterus and bowel and i'm having a laparoscopy next week. I would love to hear any success stories to give me a boost. We have been trying for 4 yrs. Thanks

Hi so broody, I had a lap few months ago and still not pregnant. I too have severe endo. Although my symptoms has improved a lot after the lap, I am still not pregnant. I am still ttc for no 1 so u r so lucky to have a beautiful boy. I just posted a thread for all endo ladies to buddy up so please be my buddy. If u want more info re lap please don hesitate to ask. Baby dust to u

thankyou Evon, i am very lucky to have my son, and he came along as a suprise when i wasn't even trying. i so want another, but my insides are in such a mess. I hope you get your BFP really soon. Have you tried accupucture or chinese herbs, i'm going to give them a go, as i'm willing to try anything to get a BFP xx

Hi broody, I so understand your feeling. It's ironic that I have spent most of my life tring not to get pregnant and if I knew I had this rotten condition, I won't even bother with those contraceptions! Anyway, I had tried accupunture now for the past 6 months or so still no luck. I am thinking of trying this herb supplements called endo clear and fertil plus. Have u heard of them? Like u, I will try anything at this stage now to have a baby....It will b a harsh Christmas for me if I am still not pregnant then.....

Hi Evon, no I haven't heard of them, I am just starting to look into other things that I can try. I really hope u do get a BFP for xmas, you never know, you may well get one. Give your body a little more time. Have you ever had clomid? I'm hoping my doc puts me back on them after my lap to increase my chances xx

Yeah, originally the consultant said she will let me try clomid after 3 months but then I asked her if I am ovulating and clomid is going to make endo worse then what is the purpose? But I am not sure now whether clomid can help produce a more quality egg aas endo does reduce the quality of the egg....so I dunno really. R u ovulating on your own at the moment?

hi, i had a laparoscopy (which turned into a laparotomy) to remove severe endo (plus large endometrioma). we had been ttc for two years and my dh also had pretty poor sperm (9 million plus rubbish morphology and motility). the second cycle after the surgery i was given letrozole and got pregnant tha cycle (which produced my beautiful daughter :) )

xx

Hi sugar puff, thanks for your successful story! Just wondering the reason to start Letrozole right after the lap. Did u ovulate on ur own b4 that or the doc thinks it will increase ur chances of conceiving even though u r ov on ur own? I am tempted now to ask my doc about it.

i always ov'd on my own and pre lap (pre endo diagnosis) i had done a few cycles of clomid. they decided to try me on letrozole after surgery as i was waiting to start ivf and he thought that we may as well try it in the meantime ! so glad he did !

Yeah, originally the consultant said she will let me try clomid after 3 months but then I asked her if I am ovulating and clomid is going to make endo worse then what is the purpose? But I am not sure now whether clomid can help produce a more quality egg aas endo does reduce the quality of the egg....so I dunno really. R u ovulating on your own at the moment?

Hi Evon, i personally had clomid for 5 months, after they diagnosed PCOS. Whilst on it, i had alot of pain in my ovaries, and had a feeling that something else was wrong. the doc scanned me and saw the endometriomas on ultrasound and booked me straight in for a laparoscopy the next month. I had the first laparoscopy in July, but it was more a diagnostic lap to find out what was going on. I have been on zoladex since that last lap, and have my second one this month on the 22nd. I'm hoping it makes a difference, and that i can start ttc straight away. I was having periods every month, but the FS didnt think i was ovulating properly hence the clomid. She said she will see how my cycle is after the lap, to see if i need more clomid. I just hope everything goes ok in the lap, so i can resume buisness again lol xx

hi, i had a laparoscopy (which turned into a laparotomy) to remove severe endo (plus large endometrioma). we had been ttc for two years and my dh also had pretty poor sperm (9 million plus rubbish morphology and motility). the second cycle after the surgery i was given letrozole and got pregnant tha cycle (which produced my beautiful daughter :) )

xx

Hi sugarpuff, thankyou so much for replying, your daughter is beautiful. I bet you are over the moon. I haven't heard of letrozole before, is that another ovary stimulant?. Did you have any organs fused together or was it just the endometriomas? again thankyou for the reply, it gives us ladies some hope xx

xx

that actually makes sense. I am going to contact my doc to refer me on to another consultant who has experience in prescribing letrozole. might as well try it before IVF.

Broody, my lap experience was not too bad. The only unpleasant feeling was constant nausea for about few days and afterwards just lack of energy for about a week or so. My period though was late for 2 weeks. I didn't get Zoladex afterwards because I really want to tic straight away. When I went for my post op f/up the consultant said that my ovaries was tucked behind the tubes! What a horrible disease!!!!!!!! :cry:

xx

Hi sugarpuff, thankyou so much for replying, your daughter is beautiful. I bet you are over the moon. I haven't heard of letrozole before, is that another ovary stimulant?. Did you have any organs fused together or was it just the endometriomas? again thankyou for the reply, it gives us ladies some hope xx

my uterus and bowel were stuck together and both ovaries had a lot of deposits plus a lot of other adhesions but i forget where they said they were, plus a 6x6cm endometrioma (coincidentally it was the ovary that had the cystectomy that produced the follicle that created my daughter)

wow sugarpuff, that is amazing. Well thanks so much, because you have now given me that extra bit of hope. It just goes to show you, that the human body can take such a battering, and still produce a miracle.

Evon, you are right, it is such a horrible disease and so painful and draining too. its awful as it is like an invisible disease, as you seem normal, but the pain is unbearable, all we can do, is hope they eventually find a cure for it. I think i will also talk to my doc re leprozale, i have got my pre op on thursday, its getting closer now, then the dreaded bowel prep lol. I cant wait for it to all be over so i can get on with ttc x

Evon, did they manage to separate your ovaries successfully, or will you need another lap? i'm hoping that they can seperate mine and put everything back where it should be. The FS did say last time that my tubes and uterus looked ok, so fingers crossed

hi broody, I have just call the consultant but she said she needs to refer me on...hopefully not too long now. The receptionist is very impatient with me which is not good. Hope the new consultant has a better secretary...Anyway, I think the consultant said that she did separated my ovaries. She did rescan me 6 weeks after the op and laughed out loud at how normal it looks compared to before! :O I didn;t think that was supposed to be funny...I wish you all the best with the lap! Don't worry too much about it just make sure you get lots and lots of TLC afterwards!;) My AF just arrived this am...so here I am now onto cycle no 21!

hi broody, I have just call the consultant but she said she needs to refer me on...hopefully not too long now. The receptionist is very impatient with me which is not good. Hope the new consultant has a better secretary...Anyway, I think the consultant said that she did separated my ovaries. She did rescan me 6 weeks after the op and laughed out loud at how normal it looks compared to before! :O I didn;t think that was supposed to be funny...I wish you all the best with the lap! Don't worry too much about it just make sure you get lots and lots of TLC afterwards!;) My AF just arrived this am...so here I am now onto cycle no 21!

Thankyou hun. In a weird way, I'm looking forwards to it, to at least be out of pain and hopefully conceive. I hope you get referred soon and don't have to wait for too long, it drags and drags waiting for appointments doesn't it. I know what u mean about secretarys being rude, but I bet none of them suffer with endometriosis, because they would understand our pain if they did. I can't believe the consultant laughed, its really not a laughing matter for you and all you are going through. Fingers crossed your new consultant with have some better answers for you, and you never know this may be your month if you have got your AF. I will keep my fingers crossed for you hun X

Hi I'm 30 & married and was diagnosed with severe endo a week ago. Had no symptoms until this pain thought it was my appendix. Chocolate cyst removed during lap as well as some endo elsewhere. I have no children :-( but was going to start this year. Doc wants to put me on Zoladex for 6 months now and then have HGS another Lap to access tubal damage- apparently too swollen to see in lap just gone.
Feel angry , confused - cant face anyone. What does Zoladex do does anyone know? I know it stops my cycle but don't get why that's help. Has been good to read some success stories really hope I can be one.

Apparently, Zoladex decreases the production of estrogen in return will slow down the growth of your endo. It puts your body in a pregnancy like state with no AF.

I was recently diagnosed with endo 2 weeks ago. I'm very surprised because I have no symptoms even to suggest I have it. This Wed I'll know more of what stage it is.

Right now, I'm around the ovulation window so hopefully at the end month I'll have some good news. Then again, we also have MF to deal with.

Hi not sure if i am posting in the right forum.I have my HSG report that says the right fallopian tube is normal in course and caliber.However no spillage is seen. Does this mean it is blocked at the fimbraeil (excuse my spelling) end? My left tube is not see-consistent with cornual block. Can any one tell me the chances of opening them with laporascopy? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"