Has anybody ever had a lip piercing?

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Char&Bump-x, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

I have my upper lip pierced, it just fell out, ive lost the ball and i have no spares and no money to buy a new one. So im guessing its just going to close over and heal, pretty soon. I'm gutted, wanted it done for 3 years and now its going to be gone :cry:

Has anybody ever had one, taken it out and their lip gone back to normal? or are you left with a mark there forever?

This is the piercing i have:

2. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

ive neva had one like that, i had three tho actually on my bottom lip, and i had all of them for about 5 years, and ive still got little scars now, but u cant see them unless you look for them :S .... except one has never healed ! so thats more obvious. If its a new piercing im sure in a month or 2 u wont even know it was there. xx

3. Rachiebaby24

Rachiebaby24 Well-Known Member

i knew someone who had a "monroe" peircing and took it out....you still see the hole but its isnt that obvious...only see it up close

4. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

It's not a new one, i've had it about 18 months. I'm not even bothered about the scar right now actually. I'm just so gutted i've lost it :cry: probably my hormones though..
    Suppose i can always get it done again!

5. Rhi_Rhi1

Rhi_Rhi1 Well-Known Member

yea, i know what you mean. Frustrating !:hug:

6. star-dust

star-dust Guest

mines still an obvious hole 11 months later, been told it can be redone just not in same place!

7. Mumof42009

Mumof42009 Mum Of 4 Preemie's

If you want to put it back in sterlise a normal earring with a back and put in bend the back over will keep open until you can get a new one. I had to take mine out when started work and mines left a scar that was 2yrs ago xx

8. icculcaz

icculcaz mum of 3 monsters

ohhh i have 1 o them! got it done 9 years ago. never took it out for longer than a day (had to remove it during bein induced with scarlett 'just incase' ) but it went back in straight away... i think it just leaves a hole.

9. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

LIFE SAVER!!! :rofl:

10. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I had a vertical labret and it closed up instantly but I still have a scar 5 or so years later.

11. I had one on my bottom lip but I took it out coz it pissed me off. Still have a scar 2 years on. It closed up instantly

12. babystar

babystar Guest

your monroe will scar. I have had lip piercings that I had had done for years and they scarred when they came out. I also had one done for about 18 months and when it came out it scarred to.
    All if not most piercings leave a scar when closed up. (I work in a tattoo/piercing parlour)

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

13. miss charlie

miss charlie 1st timester

I had the middle of my bottom lip...just a typical labret placement.

I took it out a nearly 2 years ago and although it has healed over so I could never get any jewellery through it, it looks exactly the same as it did when I first took it out - just like dark 'hole'.

14. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

I've got my lip done in the same place. And i've lost umpteen balls. And had to use one of my belly button bar balls until I got a new lip bar, lol. It was huge but it looked ok. I had it done when I was 17 and took it out and I had a hole there, and did get asked what that hole in my face was lol. So I had to get it done again, lol.

It won't heal up if you've had it done that long. x

15. Char&Bump-x

Char&Bump-x Me and her

I went to look for a belly bar ball, and found my original lip bar, they told me that when i took it out and put in a smaller one i'd never be able to put that one back in, guess i just never threw it away.
    Anyway, i tried it, thinking it wasnt going to fit and it slipped straight through. problem solved :happydance:!