Has anyone been asked...

GuardianAngel

Mum of 1
Reaction score
If you are pregnant once again...And you're not?

This weekend we were at a gathering with our 10 month old and this lady comes up to me and says "Oh what a cute little boy!... And I see there's another one in the oven!"... :growlmad:

So apparantly I still look pregnant because of my flabby mommy stomach! :nope: :nope: I was holding my baby and she didn't even consider that maybe my belly is looking a bit bloated because LO isn't even a year old yet?!

She made me feel like crap and now I'm thinking I should always wear loose fitting clothes so people won't think I'm pregnant! :cry:

Has this happened to any of you ladies? I know I shouldn't take it personally because I don't even know this lady, but it still hurt! :nope:

Oh no hun don't let it get you down! Some people really put their foots in it sometimes!
___XO

I still look pregnant too. I can't find any clothes that I feel comfortable in because I just look enormous in everything. It's really getting me down and hurting my self-esteem! On top of that, we're supposed to go to my in-laws next month, and they want to swim. The thought of putting on a swim suit is so frightening. My father-in-law commented on how huge I was before the baby was born and how I "didn't look anything like the woman his son married." I can only imagine what he'll say when he sees me in a swim suit.

I still look pregnant too. I can't find any clothes that I feel comfortable in because I just look enormous in everything. It's really getting me down and hurting my self-esteem! On top of that, we're supposed to go to my in-laws next month, and they want to swim. The thought of putting on a swim suit is so frightening. My father-in-law commented on how huge I was before the baby was born and how I "didn't look anything like the woman his son married." I can only imagine what he'll say when he sees me in a swim suit.

:hugs: it's hard isn't it?! Your FIL doesn't sound too nice!...Like you said, comments like that are really not good for our self-esteem and we could go without them! :hugs:

I just had this happen to me too! I brought my 8 month old to my former workplace to visit and this lady I used to work with asked if I was pregnant again?!!?? Granted I was standing with LO on my hip kindof sticking my belly forward but still!!!! COME ON!!! Who asks that or makes a comment without knowing 110%!!!??? That is crazy rude and I think my jaw hit the floor. Whatever, this lady isn't always the most appropriate in social settings but I certainly felt like crap for a few days after that. Some days I think my belly (and body) are looking pretty good but others (like today) I feel like a big whale, and all bloated, yuck! I still have 14lbs to lose and I haven't lost a single lb in the last 2 months+ no matter what I do and I exercise every day and eat pretty good. I think it is because even thought I exercise I then sit around the house way more than I used to, I try to get out with LO as much as possible but even so I am sitting on my butt ALOT!

Ok I kinda got sidetracked because I feel fat today but yes I feel your pain, people are idiots!!!!!!!:)

No but my dad told me the other day that I look like i've got another one in there!! fecking charming!! But I wasnt too offended as it was Isla's naming day party so he had had a couple, and this is also his "hilarious" sense of humour!

x

I just had this happen to me too! I brought my 8 month old to my former workplace to visit and this lady I used to work with asked if I was pregnant again?!!?? Granted I was standing with LO on my hip kindof sticking my belly forward but still!!!! COME ON!!! Who asks that or makes a comment without knowing 110%!!!??? That is crazy rude and I think my jaw hit the floor. Whatever, this lady isn't always the most appropriate in social settings but I certainly felt like crap for a few days after that. Some days I think my belly (and body) are looking pretty good but others (like today) I feel like a big whale, and all bloated, yuck! I still have 14lbs to lose and I haven't lost a single lb in the last 2 months+ no matter what I do and I exercise every day and eat pretty good. I think it is because even thought I exercise I then sit around the house way more than I used to, I try to get out with LO as much as possible but even so I am sitting on my butt ALOT!

Ok I kinda got sidetracked because I feel fat today but yes I feel your pain, people are idiots!!!!!!!:)

:hugs: Sorry this happened to you too! I thought it was rude and insulting too, but wasn't sure if it was just me! It's a comment I wasn't expecting from a lady who's most likely had kids herself! Oh well, some people just don't think before speaking! I just hope she felt like an idiot when I looked at her all shocked and said NO I'm NOT! :haha:

my belly is still quite big as i was huge at the end of pregnancy and my lo was 8lb 11oz, but about a month ago i was at a body shop party and asked the woman about the baby range and she asked when i was due :blush: i was like erm ive just had him actually :haha:

I brought LO to a pregnancy & baby fair when she was 9 weeks old and was at the Johnson's stand, looking at the little bottles of bath stuff - the girl behind the stand started bleating on about how great they'd be for my hospital bag. I wouldn't mind but the pram was right beside me!

OMG how embarrassing - for both of you. I would never ask someone unless I was absolutely sure they were pregnant - especially if they already had a baby and therefore it is perfectly possible that they are still just trying to get back to their pre-pregnancy shape.

I had a situation similar to Amy's though. I was buying nappies in Asda a couple of days after my son was born and the woman serving asked when I was due. I comforted myself by saying that because I was buying newborn nappies and didn't have a baby with me, she assumed that I was still pregnant but I then had to explain to her that my baby was in neonatal and I hadn't just left him on the bus!

I went back to work when LO was 9 months, a custmoer who hadnt seen me for the 9 monnths i was off asked me....''ooh how long to go??'' I was like....'erm hes 9 months old i have just come back to work'! she was all apologetic and said time flies i didnt realise...more like you still look fat!! hahaha gotta laugh

Thanks a lot ladies for sharing similar stories! Makes me feel a lot better! :hugs:

I am still huge as well and its not just my tummy :( Really feeling down about it.

I hate it when people comment like that. They should be a bit more careful. Don't listen to people. Happened to me too. Someone asked when I was due.

Hunny, not only did someone presume I was pregnant she went on to say 'you look ready to drop, when is it due?'
:shock::shock::shock::sad1::sad1::sad1:

I was so embarressed and felt so crap about myself..........thing is I'm not even that big (size 14-16), so for her to presume that I was heavily pregnant baffled me, felt like slapping her.

The only reasoning I could think of was I was holding LO on my hip, leaning back therefore pushing out my stomach and the dress I was wearing was quite floaty so didn't really outline my figure fairly.........

Yeah... Luckily i was about 5 days PP but id be so pissed if someone said that months down the line. We've had babies ffs!

I was asked 'hows the pregnancy goin' about a year before i got pregnant :( i wasnt big, size 10, but i tend to weat tops that wernt very fitted around my tummy. And then another person asked me about 4 months later :dohh: atleast ud had a lo when u were asked hun xx

my friend & her friend were at a baby group with their girls & a woman came up to her & said, "how lovely, you've had your first 2 together, & you're having your second 2 together as well"!
xx

A guy at work asked me if 'i was sure I wasnt pregnant again' a couple of weeks ago.
Cheeky git. I was fuming.

I dont think I can blame baby weight after 14 months can I??

I still look pregnant, especially if I've just had a meal. Even just a small meal and my belly pops right out. If I have a big meal, I actually look about eight months pregnant! I'm not joking!

Honestly? I think I need a tummy tuck. Something isn't right, my 'bump' is hard like I actually AM pregnant! I think I need surgery to tighten up the muscles.

It's been sixteen months now and people still ask 'when is your baby due?'

i was asking oh earlier if i would ever look like i wasnt pregnant again. i'm losing weight but still have a big old 6 month bump. probably doesn't help that i am inexplicably attached to my maternity jeans. i do however have a smaller bum than before. go figure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->