Has anyone been proposed to

Stephannie

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had recieved a marriage proposal from the OH after finding out they were pregnant?

I have been with my OH 8 years and still waiting! He says one day but I have a strange feeling that day will come just after my scan at 13 weeks!x

didn't want to r&r but I've heard of this happening a lot, something about the high emotions. My OH and I have been married since last November so we hit our 5mo anniversary before we found out about our :bfp:

Arww thats fab! Ive waited wayyy too long now so I'm hoping it happens very soon! lol x

You're much more patient than I am. My DH proposed after we had been dating 3 months (we'd already known each other 10 years) and then it took another year and a half before I could get him in front of the judge (this was my 2nd marriage so I didn't want anything big & all he wanted was to get married, not 'put on a show')

Arww thats fab! I think my parents would have freaked if he had proposed after 3 months (i was only 15 when we got together! lol)

However OH did once write me a letter in which he proposed and I obviously agreed, but silly me i lost it and he denys ever writing it! haha x

its never gonna happen for me my boyfriend hasn't got a romantic bone in his body! so i wont be holding my breathe for a proposal because i know i'll be waiting a loooonnnnggggg time!!

Hi All, I am a newbie, 9 weeks pregnant on Wednesday.

My partner is still going through a divorce so instead of an engagement ring I am getting an eternity ring...so we are working a bit backwards :) !

Yes! Not me, but friends of ours. They got married within a year after first, and were pregnant with 2nd the day of wedding (and neither were planned pregnancies), and are still happily married.

I was just wondering if anyone had recieved a marriage proposal from the OH after finding out they were pregnant?

I have been with my OH 8 years and still waiting! He says one day but I have a strange feeling that day will come just after my scan at 13 weeks!x

Fingers crossed for you! You'll have to keep us updated. :winkwink:

I have friends who were together for years, and he proposed shortly after their surprise pregnancy. They got married on their daughter's first birthday without telling any of the guests what they were really there for (the wedding).

I have friends who were together for years, and he proposed shortly after their surprise pregnancy. They got married on their daughter's first birthday without telling any of the guests what they were really there for (the wedding).

Thats lovely! I would love the surprise :)

My Oh's mum keeps telling him he needs to do it soon as she doesnt want a '******* grandchild' (this really makes me laugh!) and he just constandly tells her to shut up! haha

Fingers x'd eh? lol its just under 3 weeks away so im kinda excited lol x

Yea i got a sparkler on a moonlit beach but it was around the time we concieved. At my engagement party wee told our parents, still early days with preg but i am happy everything fallin into place;) i want my child at our wedding so i wont be gettin married yet.

Hi when i found out i was pregnant on my daughter my oh and myself discussed getting engaged but at the time he wasn't ready as i had just gone thro a divorce. I thought it was never going to happen as the months went on but 6 weeks before my due date we parked up outside h samuel and he said ' right then, best u go and pick which 1 u want'.. Not the most romantic proposal but then again he ain't a romantic.. Now nearly 3 years on and another baby i'm hoping that we'll make to the church next year and not for our bumps christening.....

Fingers x'd that u make it for your wedding first! :) xx

Moonlit beach sounds sooo romantic! I think id collapse if my OH did that...not a romantic bone in his body!x

We were ttc for a few months before my oh proposed last year but as we're both 35 decided to keep trying and not let it change our plan to get wed. The only times we were careful was when i was about 10-8 mths off the wedding day, i thought maybe 9 mths preggers on the big day would be a bit much. The month I concieved was to be our last ttc til out honeymoon as I wanted to be passed the 12 wk stage when we wed and not having ms and having to lie about not drinking etc...I can't believe it worked! I'll be 15 wks on our big day. Coz it's no 3 I look more like I'm 4 mths gone already tho haha!! :dohh:

I got proposed to 30 seconds after I got a BFP!

We've been together 6 and half years and he had been planning to ask. He even had the ring. Due to a family bereavement he was waiting until after the funeral (it was sudden and had ruined his original plan), but when I did the test (we were NTNP) he decided to ask me there and then.

I was very happy that he already had the ring as I know he wanted to marry me anyway and not just because we'd got pregnant. It's hard to celebrate the engagement though and fend off when's the wedding questions! Not that I'm complaining, two life changing events in one night :)

Just remember thought marriage isn't everything. I really would have been equally happy not being engaged, it doesn't mean your OH loves you any less. Some blokes are just so weird about marriage! Mine was! And then he went through one of the most stressful times in his life and he realized I would be there for him no matter what and that is what it took for him to see he wanted to be married to me.

Mine aint that romantic;) couldnt believe the carat diamond the meal stars and beach lol it was my birthday. We d lost a child in jan and were tryin, i guess i got pregnant that week lol. Gettin married aint a big deal for me as i ve been ther lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->