Has anyone bought anything yet?

J

JayleighAnn

OK so I'm only 4weeks, not buying anything yet for sure, but has anyone started yet?

My 8month pg friend has told me that I shouldnt buy until 22weeks...which I dont wanna wait that long!

And apparently I'm not allowed the pushchair or the cot in my house until bubba is born. Why??

but i like the 22week idea it will be jan sales when im 22weeks

You do whatever you want hunni!!

I have got a cot and 3 bags of clothes and some toys in the loft ... they're my SIL's old ones (she has 2 boys and is not having anymore). So technically I already fall into the bad luck category ... but I think you bring your own luck.

A positive attitude will get you a very long way ... not just in having a bubba either!

Me and hubby are going to kiddicare in a few days just to browse, work out how much things are going to cost and work out which items we like the look of etc. We can't wait to get into the looking / buying baby stuff thing! Will probably leave it until at least 12 weeks to buy, but there is no harm in getting excited about it!

PMA is all you need x :hug:

I'd just do whatever you want. I got pregnant with my son in October and had bought the crib, and stroller by december lol.

I'm with previous posts. Buy when you are ready. I started buying after our 20 wk scan and had the buggy and cot in our house! I dont believe in the whole "bad luck" thing, what will be will be!
xxx

i had the pram and cot in my house and nothing bad happened, and i bought b4 i was even pregnant!! :rofl:

I started on a few sleepsuits after i had an early scan at 9 weeks showing baby was good :) .
At 12 weeks i went crazy .. And now at 19 weeks i have finished compleatley :) . Everything is baught and I didnt want my new nice lovely pram in my mums old shed so its up in my bedroom with teh car seat :) . I dont believe in the bad luck thing . xx .

Yer im not superstitious either, i brought a teddy for this baby the day my DH and i first started TTC!!

I will pick things up as and when i see them.......what will be will be and i dont think when you start buying stuff will change that xxxx

We started looking as soon as we gota BFP and over the weeks we have bought a little as we saw it. So far we have...

A crib(was on ebay got it for £38 and its kept at OH folks)
SOme neutral baby grows and sleep suits.
A few teddies and toys.
Baby Wipes and toiletries.
Some newborn nappies(we got free babybaskets at Tesco/Asda/Sainsburys with a token when you bought a pack)

All the stuff is at my mums house as our flat is needing decluttered.

We have looked at buggies and car seats but holding off until January sales. Same with bottles and sterilising stuff.

Other than that its just bedding and bouncer chair and a bath support after that.

Emma.xx

I will probably buy when we find out the sex of the baby and are sure everything is fine with him/her.

Well we were talking with my mum and we decided to wait until after my bday in Feb (bubba is due 3days after OH's so thats a bit late to start lol) so we both get xmas pressies for ourselves as it will be the last xmas anyone will buy for us and not bubba lol

I will be 23weeks by then so will hopefully know the sex.

I just know I'll start before though lol

I've brought little things, a few cute outfits when i've been out and vests and hats and stuff. My familys brought me baby washes/shampoos/powder ect and i have 4 boxes of nappies already !!! Im getting all the little things from now and then getting the bigger stuff later on so i don;t have to store them away !

I have everything bought already except the baby bath tub
we started buying before we even got pregnant though , Im just the type of person that likes to have everything bought and ready ahead of time . Buy whenever you feel your ready hun :hug:

I think we'll buy the little things as and when we see them, and then just have a save pot for big stuff like pushchair, carseat and cot

I had alot of stuff before being pg aswell for the same reason as starryeye, i jsut like to be organised.
We have the cash for the pram so will be buying that in a few weeks aswell.
People have said to me wait untill 20weeks+ "just incase" but i dont live like that.

I probably wont be buying until jan/feb as the kids will take up spare cash for xmas and then the girls will need putting into one bedroom so complete new room for them...then I can start on the nursery:cloud9::happydance:

Ive decided on which pram I want and have been eyeing up some nursery decor but thats about it! TBH until we sort out the bedrooms I have nowhere to put anything!

I had alot of stuff before being pg aswell for the same reason as starryeye, i jsut like to be organised.
We have the cash for the pram so will be buying that in a few weeks aswell.
People have said to me wait untill 20weeks+ "just incase" but i dont live like that.
I said that I dont see the point in waiting "just incase" cause anything could happen at any point, yes I could have a miscarriage, yes I could have a premature bubba who doesnt stay with us, or a stillbirth, or infant cot-death but if I live "just incase" nothing will ever be bought at all

But a couple friends and family who know are worrying me

Id suggest waiting untill your 12 weeks, so the risk of MC decreases so much!
Well saying that, I started buying at about 9/10 weeks but have been keeping all the reciepts just incase.
Iv got so much now!
Heres the list so far...
Winnie the pooh cot bedding(including bumper and blanket)
Winnie the pooh cot mobile
Moses basket bedding
Moses basket
Steriliser and bottles
Winnie the pooh activity gym
All the basic clothing (bodysuits, sleepers, socks, hats etc)
And about 8 unisex outfits and booties :)
Baby bath
Top&tail bowl
Baby box
Sponges
Towels
Monitors
Wipes
Everyones telling me to stop buying so much already, But I want to do it bit by bit so I dont have to go out and buy everything at once as Id end up leaving it to the last minute.
Im now saving for cot and dresser.
Going to leave pram till last though as 'apparently' its bad luck to bring it into the house

X

:rofl:it was the first thing my mother said! cant buy a pram untill the babys born its bad luck!

I haven't bought anything yet, going to wait a while maybe 10-12 weeks, mind u im doing a 'baby box' for my friend, loads of nappies, lotions, clothes etc so that is feeding my urge! i'l post a pic! im so excited and its not even me!

Attachments

• honeymoon 017.jpg
    honeymoon 017.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 23

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs