Has anyone bought baby stuff already?

bakedbean

Reaction score
I've just got a cot bed and we're not even ttc yet :shock: It was free, and i figured we would save a couple of hundred pound and could store it until we need it. Am I being ridiculous? :wacko:

Guilty! I'm a part of a few survey sites and I probably make about $50 every couple of months. DH told me over a year ago that if I found any baby stuff for a really good price, that I could use my survey money to purchase. I have a bunch of gender neutral clothes I picked up at garage sales, a play pen, a bouncer, a baby bath tub and a bunch of books and a few toys. :blush:

I'm glad it's not just me!
Sounds like a good investment :thumbup: :haha:

I'm glad I'm not alone either! But we see it as that we are just spacing out the expenses so when we are expecting, we aren't as overwhelmed with everything, especially the bigger items.

Hi ladies, It's definitely a good idea, I was given a cot about 4 years ago by my best friend, my husband and have kept it in attics and garages as we've moved about three times. Our only child is now only 17months but it was definitely worth getting the cot. Babies are very expensive, especially the first so it's well worth being organised and spreading the cost. X

Not yet, though I have been tempted to start collecting reusable nappies a few times when special offers have been on. My partners recently said if we see some, or other baby things and we have spare cash, we should start collecting a little bit at a time, to spread out the cost for when we are ttc (a year to 1.5 years away) :)

We also have started discussing cot logistics which is awesome :) (We don't know how long we will be in current house, so idea of buying a bunk cot - one which can be two cots, two child bunks, or converted to one of each came up - more expensive at first but cheaper in long run. And getting a lightweight co-sleeper cot for each child's first few months, one easily moveable between FH1 and FH2's bedrooms/can be packed up to take away if needed)

I have a few baby things. :blush: Nothing too big just a few outfits plus my mom and I have a playpen for my niece.

I haven't bought anything for myself ... Not because I don't want to but because I'm scared of jinxing things however I do by a lot of baby stuff for my 10 month old nephew and SIL and cousin who are both pregnant on with a boy one with a girl. I always pick stuff I would like dream it's for me then give it to them lol.

Oh.. I gave away almost all baby-stuff just last year, didn't think I'd want another kid.. But I have a brand new travel system for the stroller already, just need to buy the pram. :) And I already have the bed for the baby - it's handmade by my husband so I didn't give it away, of course.
https://www.eurekakids.net/g/J0B20472/stroller-set-system-trilogy-vinile.jpg

I haven't bought anything for myself ... Not because I don't want to but because I'm scared of jinxing things however I do by a lot of baby stuff for my 10 month old nephew and SIL and cousin who are both pregnant on with a boy one with a girl. I always pick stuff I would like dream it's for me then give it to them lol.

Haha that's what I do.. buy/make things for my friends' babies that i would love for my own :blush:
I haven't bought anything specifically but I have added a couple of my favourite childrens books to my library, to collect as well as in the hopes of reading it to my future children. Also started transferring my childhood books from the parents' place to my own:happydance:

I have bought several things, but always on sale or very cheap. I've collected things I'd love to see in a future nursery and lots of books; I can't help it, it's the researcher in me! Probably why I became a scientist.... I know a lot of people don't see the point in buying baby items before you're actually pregnant, or that it jinxs their chances, but I try to stay in the mind set of nothing is a problem until it is. I view it more as spacing out financial costs over a long term period of time.

I have bought several things, but always on sale or very cheap. I've collected things I'd love to see in a future nursery and lots of books; I can't help it, it's the researcher in me! Probably why I became a scientist.... I know a lot of people don't see the point in buying baby items before you're actually pregnant, or that it jinxs their chances, but I try to stay in the mind set of nothing is a problem until it is. I view it more as spacing out financial costs over a long term period of time.

Exactly how I see it :thumbup:

I think it is definitely a great idea! Don't wait until we have to rush everything!
And it always makes people feel good when buying stuff for baby :)

I have a small chest in my living room, where I store my stockpile of baby stuff :). I have onesies, stuffies, and a couple other odds and ends that I have collected. All gender-neutral! :). Buying things here are there has helped with the baby fever ;)

I've considered it! Just not sure if I start buying bits how carried away I'll get, also not sure what my other half would make of it! I know as soon as I'm pregnant (God willing I do one day) they'll be no stopping me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->