Has anyone else actually gained weight!

babyblog

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I keep reading threads about women not having gained any weight yet, or even losing it. I am 17 weeks and have gained 8 pounds-is this about average, who else has gained weight-i'm beginning to feel like the only one! :cry:

Hi there

I am 17 weeks and have gained about 6 pounds I think although that's a bit of a guess as I only started weighing myself when I was about 12 weeks

I am almost 19 weeks an have gained 10 lbs... Hope it's normal :)

I lost about 7lb at first and have now put it all back on, doesn't seem to be stopping either!

On Babycentre it says you will have gained between 2.5kgs and 4.5kgs at 15 weeks so 9lbs'ish would be fine! It also says that the baby doubles in weight from 16 to 19 weeks so no need to panic! I'd gained far more the first time round but am hoping to avoid it this time but my eating hasn't reduced but my exercise levels have!

I am 16 weeks and have gained 5lbs. Although I am retaining water so part of this weight could be that. I think your weight gain is perfectly normal! x

I'm 23+5 and iv gained about 20 pounds! But have given up smoking too from the off! Cant wait to lose it!! Have never been this big in my life x

I've gained about 15lbs already, 5 of those in the last couple of weeks alone!

I didn't gain anything for the first 24 weeks. In two weeks I've now put on almost half a stone (I know my eating habits are getting horrid and I had this coming!)

Last week at the doctor I was up 17lbs! That was 24 weeks.

I have gained 10 pounds until now. Afraid of going to the doctor next week and see how much I gained this month:dohh:!

Hi ladies, I keep reading threads about women not having gained any weight yet, or even losing it. I am 17 weeks and have gained 8 pounds-is this about average, who else has gained weight-i'm beginning to feel like the only one! :cry:

This is fine hun! i was small before I got pregnant (uk size 8, 8 stone) and id gained 11lbs by 12 weeks!

Now im 6 months and ive gone from 8 stone to 9 stone 8 !

But its all bump, i dont look big anywhere else so ive stopped worrying now x

I'm almost 23 weeks and I've put on about 16 pounds. I gained a lot at the end of my pregnancies with my other 2 kids and was hoping I wouldn't this time around but since my activity is quite limited because of my placenta previa and my appetite has increased, I'm not burning many calories off. :-( So don't feel bad! You're definitely not the only one.

I gained 4 pounds at about 14 weeks. I'm hoping I start to pack it on soon!

Thank you for posting this I was starting to get pretty depressed about my weight and it seems like everyone else was losing or barely gaining any! I started out a few lbs heavier than I would like and have gained 8 lbs on top of that already..but it sure feels like 20lbs maybe because of the extra weight before pregnancy.

I've gained 12 so far.
Weight just factors alot, some lost weight from morning sickness, loss appeitite, and women that are a little over weight don't tend to gain as much. Or if they are like me, it takes them after 18 weeks to start gaining some extra.
Your weight gain sounds perfect to me :)

I think your weight gain is normal.
I went to the Dr last Monday and I was 16+5 and I had gained 8lbs since the start of the pregnancy. So, I think that is pretty good:thumbup:

I am 16 weeks and have gained 5lbs. Although I am retaining water so part of this weight could be that. I think your weight gain is perfectly normal! x

i think a lot of women's preggo weight is water weight. if you think about it...the baby isn't even a pound until maybe 20-21 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->