Has anyone else already gained weight?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Lizzy78, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Lizzy78

Lizzy78 Expecting #2!

I have already gained five pounds and am getting the double chin I get when I start retaining water. I feel like a swollen version of myself. I am also super bloated. Does anyone else have this? Will this water retention subside or am I stuck with it from now on???

2. Newmommy2011

Newmommy2011 Well-Known Member

I have actually lost 2 pounds... No idea how since I've been eating and not getting sick.... I look like I've gained 5 pounds though!! I am all bloated too :/ and it really sucks!!!!

3. MoonMelody

MoonMelody Well-Known Member

I'm right there with ya, babe.

4. tannembaum

tannembaum Little Elsie bums mum!

I was really bloated in 1st tri and by 6 weeks I think I was in maternity trousers as mine were just too uncomfortable! I put on almost a stone by 2nd tri but then my weight gain slowed down: )

5. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Well-Known Member

Everyone is different hon. I have terrible problems with my weight and struggle to maintain it unless I do hardcore cardio, so I've certainly piled the pounds on, but I'm noticing I'm bloating and holding water too.

Not sure if it subsides after first tri, but I do know it's perfectly normal.

I'm not really bothering about it, or worrying or moaning about it though, it's a small price to pay to get the bundle of joy I've been trying to get for the past 2.5 years, so I'm trying to embrace it.

I reckon I'll be in materntiy clothes soon though as my tummy is mega bloating and it's really uncomfortable in jeans and ordinary clothes already.

As for bras!! Sheesh, feels like my ( * ) ( * ) 's have doubled in weight already and my bras are getting real tight - time for a shopping spree me thinks :D

6. JZW

JZW Mummy to Evie <3 & NTNP

I'm usually a 10 but have gone up a dress size in 2 weeks. I've been eating the same portion size as before and eating more healthily now with no junk/ bad snacks but I can't get into any of my jeans and really struggling with trousers. Went out to get new pairs of jeans during the weekend and OH told me to get the maternity jeans since I will only be getting bigger from now. Bit earlier than what I would have thought but I guess it makes sense.

7. JZW

JZW Mummy to Evie <3 & NTNP

I'm only 5-6 weeks btw so think it is bloat rather than bump

8. Kittifer

Kittifer Well-Known Member

I think I've actually skinnied down a bit. My tummy is bloated but my hips, arms and thighs seem slimmer. Probably because I don't really enjoy junk food anymore, it's all been quite healthy stuff I've wanted.

9. v31984

v31984 Well-Known Member

OOoooh yes lol.. esp belly and chin lol

10. xsarahbellax

xsarahbellax Well-Known Member

I've put on 7lbs already & can't get my jeans done up. Feel pretty minging :-(

11. K4tiemay

K4tiemay Well-Known Member

I'm fatter - but it might be food - I'm permanently hungry. My fave jeans are too tight, which I've decided to take as a good sign.
    :)

12. Steff1611

Steff1611 Well-Known Member

I lost almost a stone in my first 8 weeks n now im starting to look uber fat!!! Im getting wider n everything :(

Its all normal though so dont worry x

13. xsarahbellax

Mine is definitely food. My baby is the size if a lime & limes do not weigh half a stone!!

14. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Well-Known Member

Get over yourself and embrace it.

You have a new life, a little baby growing inside you.

Putting on some weight is nothing in comparison.

15. xsarahbellax

I hope you've posted the same response to everyone on this forum that's mentioned, at some point throughout their pregnancy, that they don't feel great!! Must keep you busy!!

16. NatashaZ

NatashaZ Well-Known Member

I feel bloated, but my pants still fit. I am wearing trousers today, though, because jeans are a bit snug when I am sitting down. I'm at a little over 5 weeks, almost 6 (I am not keeping track too well).

17. Lizzy78

Lizzy78 Expecting #2!

Thanks everyone! I read somewhere that most women gain 0-2 pounds in the first trimester, so I started to get nervous that I have gone way over already with three weeks to go! I guess my body is just going to do what it is going to do. Hopefully it will all balance out in the end. :)
    Happy and heathy to everyone!

18. RaspberryK

RaspberryK Well-Known Member

Oh my what's with the bitchyness tonight? Seen this on other forums BUT NOT IN HERE! Totally unnecessary.

I feel your pain, olives don't weight half a stone either, or make your size 12 jeans not do up! lol

x

19. Niamh22

Niamh22 Well-Known Member

I am 9 weeks with my 2nd and my secret is out at work i have a bump and my bum and hips have spread already didn't show at back with my first pregnancy at all i am embracing it not worring about my size as i will probably be huge again only all over this time!! lol

20. Banana10

Banana10 Mummy to 2 little boys

Lizzy78, I heard that you can put 2-5lbs on during 1st trimester. I seem to have eaten that already (literally!) x

SarahBella, GOOD LUCK today! See that you're having your scan today! Hope all goes well x