Has anyone else been told this?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by KKS, Dec 14, 2009.

1. KKS

KKS Well-Known Member

I have my scan tomorrow and they have said i can't bring my daughter as it would be distracting for the sonographer! I am really annoyed as i live 45miles from anyone that could look after her. My OH could sit outside with her but he would really like to be there. Has anyone else been told this?

2. Leannec

Leannec mum of 2 n one cooking

Take her with you and if they say she cant go in and hubby has to wait outside turn on the water works and make them feel guilty. Im sure they will let her in

3. AislingMcM

AislingMcM Pregnant With #2

I personally think that is terrible and absolutely rediculous !!! Your daughter is part of your family too and maybe she wants to see her future brother/sister !!! I like what Leannec suggested, and if your daughter is old enough to understand tell her to start crying too saying that she wants to see her brother/sister. They wouldnt be able to resist !!! Lol. :)

4. lauren10

lauren10 1 DD, 1 angel & pregnant!

If your OH is there with her I don't see what the problem is. How old is she? I would just bring her anyway!

5. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

they probably say that to everyone to try to cut down the number of toddlers in their waiting areas etc.....if you explain your situation and that you really didn't have anyone to leave her with, what can they say? is she old enough to understand what is happening?

6. KKS

KKS Well-Known Member

She's 18months which i know she won't understand but she will happily just sit there OH. Do they just expect woment to go by them selves!

7. -Linn-

-Linn- mum of 2

In the letter it said I could only bring one other adult with me to the scan and I just brought my daughter, even if they don't like to see it, they didn't say anything. Just take her with you, I am sure they won't make your hubby sit outside with her!

8. Hoolie

Hoolie Well-Known Member

My hospital had a notice up saying not to bring children becasue not every scan ends happily.

For me that was indeed the case and I was so relieved that my daughter wasn't there even though previous to the scan I had thought about taking her.

Alex

9. KKS

KKS Well-Known Member

That is a good point and although she wouldn't understand i wouldn't want her to see us upset. We are just very stuck for a childminder as she would usually be at my mums in the day while we work but that would be alot of travelling to drop her off come back and then pick her up. The other person who lives down the road i would ask has a 2yr old and is due to give birth any day so i wouldn't dare ask.

10. Hoolie

Hoolie Well-Known Member

If you are truly stuck, then take her. It'd be a hard hearted person not to allow her into the room and cause your OH to miss such an important event.

Alex

11. Beadette

Beadette I'm a blummin' Mumma!!!

Yes our hospital said the same thing about scans not always showing good news and can be especially distressing for children. They ask that you bring one adult with
    you. I can see their point really but it doesn't help you with childcare xx

12. KKS

KKS Well-Known Member

OH dad has just called to say he should be able to come to ours to babysit for an hour but he has to let us know. What a relief if he can but i will feel bad him having to drive. Hopefully we will be more prepared for the 20week one.

13. ttcbambino#1

ttcbambino#1 Mummy to 2 monkeys

mine asks that you don't but if you do to ensure they are accompanied by another adult, so you should be fine. Mine didn't say about the scan possibly being bad news, they said it was because it was distracting for the sonographer

14. KKS

KKS Well-Known Member

I just called the department to explain and she said there is no way she can come for the 2nd scan but the first scan should be ok but she's not happy about it. If she was allowed to reschedule my appointment she would but there is a note on the syetms saying i must have an early scan. I was fuming! I have a feeling she will make OH wait outside the room with her.
    that has really annoyed me!

15. bek74

bek74 Mum of 5

Thats not exceptable, she is your daughter and apart of your family and if you and hubby want to bring her in with you, you do have that right. Just let the ladies know she will be sitting quietly on her daddy's lap watching.

16. carrieanne

carrieanne Well-Known Member

take her im taking my 2 year old and i wont be leaving her in the waiting room you dont have a choice dont worry about it hun xx

17. Zebra Stars

Zebra Stars 3RD Trimester

take her!!
    and who ever is doin your scan say how would you feel if you had a son/daughter?

18. nada87

nada87 Well-Known Member

when i had my m/c we took both kids to the scan cuz it was an emergency one and we had no one to watch them. no one said a word about it to us. and tomorrow we're taking both kids again to see our new baby