Has anyone else had bright red bleeding?

babytots

Reaction score
I started bleeding last night fresh red blood gushing at first but slowed down. Scan this morning shows baby is fine and there is nothing to indicate where the bleed is coming from. Its been fine most of today just spotting mainly but now its back to being like a light period and red again.

I'm so scared despite seeing my baby :( What if this is just the start of me losing my baby? :cry:

:hugs: I bled really, really heavily and for 7 long weeks with this baby. It literally poured out and was bright red. I never thought a baby could survive such a bleed, but I'm now 34 weeks. Hang in there and be strong, babies are strong little things.

Seeing the baby ok on your scans is really positive. I so recommend bed rest during bleeding-I'm sure it helped me.

Good luck

I had bright red bleeding several times in my previous pregnancy. it was a subchrionic hemmoraging in first tri then in second tri I was told the cause could be low lying placenta even though it was too early to diagnose that. I really believe I just had a sensitive/irritable cervix or something. my baby was fine and she's 8 months now :)

Thanks ladies that's reassuring to know. Intend to stay on the sofa all day today and probably for the next few days too.

Yo-yo how did you deal with the constant worry for so long? Everytime I go to the toilet I half expect it to be over I can't live like this for however many days/weeks this will continue for. I don't want my life to revolve around this constant worrying.

Perplexed I had synchronic hemmoraging in 2 of my previous pregnancies so assumed it would be that but there's nothing on the scan to indicate this it anything else everything appears normal x

I had a really heavy bleed that started on the day AF was due and lasted 5 days. I assumed it was AF but took a pregnancy test anyway. I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant with a healthy little boy :) xx

Thanks ladies that's reassuring to know. Intend to stay on the sofa all day today and probably for the next few days too.

Yo-yo how did you deal with the constant worry for so long? Everytime I go to the toilet I half expect it to be over I can't live like this for however many days/weeks this will continue for. I don't want my life to revolve around this constant worrying.

Perplexed I had synchronic hemmoraging in 2 of my previous pregnancies so assumed it would be that but there's nothing on the scan to indicate this it anything else everything appears normal x

I have heard you can have a subchorionic hematoma but no pooling-it's just bleeding from a broken vessel and bleeding straight out, leaving no visable clot. I had a subchorionic hematoma and that's why I bled this time.
I won't lie-it's been hard, but I put myself on bedrest, I drank plenty of water (if your dehydrated, it can cause the womb to contract and aggregate the bleed) I also read positive books, are well and in my most stressed times I practiced breathing slowly and calmly to get and relax. Try to keep your mind busy on other things so your not getting anxious.

It does get easier, just hang in there and take each day at a time-it's all worth the stress in the end. :hugs:

I've had 2 bleeds. The last one at 8 weeks 5 days was just pouring out of me. They diagnosed a subchorionic hemorrage at 5 weeks 4 days. I have a scan tomorrow to see how it's doing. Bleeding is soooo scary. Both my babies are always fine on the scan during bleeding too.
I bet you have an sch. They will pour out blood like that.

My dr advised pelvis rest, no intercourse, no strenuous activity. She said standing and walking will not effect it. She recommended this for a month after bleeding has stopped.

Thanks ladies it's gotten worse now with clots but your stories are keeping me positive.

I've put myself on bedrest nurse didn't mention doing it but u guess I have to give my baby the best change of surviving. Will be calling the epau again in the morning and will probably be re-scanned. At this rate the nurses in the epau will know me by name lol. X

I passed clots too, one as large as my fist. The dr said the clots are actually forming in the vagina as the blood is pooling, such as if you are sitting down, and not passing through the cervix. It's such a horrible feeling. I hope it stops for you soon.

Well still bleeding no signs of it easing and cramping too. Back at the epu tomorrow but been told they probably won't rescan me as I've had 2 scans already. X

Sorry to hear this babytots. Hope bleeding eases up soon and bubs is hanging on in there x

Sorry to hear, are the cramps bad?

Thanks Laura. Lanet they were quite painful earlier but have since eased off. Like period pains but much worse. X

I'm sorry to hear of your complications babytots and I can't wait to hear your update. I will say this, I passed 2 clots since being pregnant (one at 7+1 and one at 7+4 due to SH), and bad cramping due to a Corpus Luteum cyst on my right ovary (yes I have quite a bit going on lol), TMI but I actually took them, the clots, to the ER BOTH times, and both times I got U/S to confirm my baby was just fine. I was so scared at first b/c I was told cramping + bright red blood and clots means MC or going to MC for sure, and I was totally convinced that's what was going on b/c this is my first pregnacy and I didn't know any better. But here I am now, I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow and I haven't bled/ nor spotted in over a week. My baby is actually measuring up. My last scan was 8/14 at 8+1 and it was measuring a Gestational Age of 9weeks w/ a heartbeat in the 160s, and according to my midwife, those are exponentially normal signs for a healthy pregnancy. After what I experienced, I will say you're doing the right thing by checking up on your LO but don't worry too much, b/c there are us out there who do experience those type of bleeds and the baby is A OK!! GL hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->