• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Has anyone else had continual light spotting whilst taking bcp before ivf?

silarose28

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am on a short ivf protocol. This involves taking the pill for a month before stimulation. I have been taking the pill for 2 weeks now. My period has come and gone but I have continual brown spotting. Has anyone else had this? Will this delay my ivf (yet again argh!!!!). Any responses would be greatly appreciated. xxxxx

Hi, there. I just finished my short "flare" protocal and was on bcps for a month. I did not have spotting but I have heard that is VERY common and it should not hurt your chances of ivf. Just like all bcps, you can spot all through the first month or two especially on low dosage. Now, what was weird for me is that I didn't start af until 4 days after I finished the pills which meant I started af the same day I started stimming. This seemed odd to me b/c back in the day when I thought I was a fertile person :) and took bcps, I would always start af immediately.. Anyway, i thought the pills might have over suppressed me a bit. I had to stim for several days longer than anticipated to get me to the right numbers. But, all went ok and I have EC tomorrow!

Thanks mysillygirls

Good luck with ec tomorrow! :dust::dust:

Thanks for letting me know this is common. I phoned the clinic today and they couldn't really give me any answers. I'm going for a scan on Fri and am praying they don't delay anything!!!! This whole thing is such a long drawn out process xxxx

Good luck on your scan! Hopefully, this is a successful week for all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"