has anyone ever had negative urine preg tests... but then had a positive HCGbloodtest

D

dmestiza

ok so my doctor wants me to have a hcg blood test to see if im pregnant koz i havnt had a period in nearly 3 months... January this year was my last lighter than usual bleed... i was ttc with my husband durring nov/ dec end of last year... and i have done many urine preg tests and all are negative, (the only thing i noticed in 2 of the urine preg tests was 2 lines, but the TEST line with no colour in it)- so im not sure if i should have a blood test done koz it might be a waste of my time... is it possible for a pregnancy to b detected in the blood and not in the urine test-- maybe bkoz of low hcg levels??? also could PCOS affect the way a urine preg test works??? i have polystic ovaries-- so maybe my missed months of periods are due to this. but i have noticed below my belly is harder when im standing up... and i have had nipple changes for a few months now... -- any advice would be great ladies

:thumbup::winkwink:

I have read that yes it is possible. Not every women releases hcg through urine, and might not be realeasing enough for a hpt. This condition isn't common though, and if a doctor recommends it I would likely agree .

Blood tests are more sensitive than urine tests (blood can detect levels as low as 5). The blood test would be positive before the urine test...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->