has anyone felt thier cervix during thier pregnancy ? notice any difference?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by SummerLily, Nov 17, 2011.

1. SummerLily

SummerLily mummy To Triplet Boys

OH noticed during 'us ' time and said that around where the opening of my cervix is is rough.... i checked myself and his right ! i used to check my cervix to detect when i would or wouldnt ovulate when TTC and it never felt like this before - is it normal for the cervix to change texture during pregnancy??

2. Kristin52

Kristin52 Well-Known Member

I would assume so. But I never checked myself, and would be too scared to. LOL.

3. Charlie_x

Charlie_x Well-Known Member

i started checking before i got pregnant but dont want to touch it whilst pregnant just dont want to risk anythin ! x

4. kat2504

kat2504 Well-Known Member

Your cervix is apparently more sensitive in pregnancy so perhaps it does feel different. but I wouldn't recommend too much rummaging around up there really!

5. AverysMommy

AverysMommy Knocked up!!!!

I don't have an answer but wanted to congratulate you on your triplets!!!!! WOW, how exciting!

6. SummerLily

thankyou averysmommy ! :)

oh nothing is going anywhere near it again untill they come out! ive had no bleeding or antyhing or any pain and its the first time its been said and ive checked but its the last! im even putting a ban on sex .... end of ... poor OH...

xx

7. Tigerlilyb

Tigerlilyb Mum of one each

Mine feels rough too! I was a little concerned at first but reassured by the fact that I had a normal smear earlier this year.

Other than that my cervix feels huuge and low. It was always quite large, I thought, but now it's gigantic. I'm hoping it's a good thing but I'm going to bring it up with my midwife (when I finally get one...).

8. SummerLily

tigerlily - mine is also quite low - which is off as everything i read when TTC said that it got really high and you never saw it during pregnancy! but mine is rather big too. im not going back up there again but might bring it up to the consultant when i see him next.

Im hoping its nothing to worry about - but you cant help but worry lol! i had some smears and bits done when i was taken into hospital at 8 weeks and everything came back perfect then so im assuming all is well! xx

9. mrsrof

mrsrof Mum to one :)

I checked mine the other day, it's suuuper high and also feels quite big and rough. I'd assume it feels big cause of mucus plug? possibly also reason for it feeling rough. last smear came back clear so not really worried.