Has anyone gone into labour without any warning?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
Throughout my pregnancy, people have kept telling me that I will feel all kinds of things, morning sickness, cramps, back ache, sleepless nights, pins and needles etc and I've had nothing (touchwood) I haven't felt a single BH, although I know I've had them as I've been hooked up to the monitors which picked them up. I don't waddle, I don't have any real nesting urge (other than what you would normally expect when you have just moved house) I've had no cramps. In fact I don't feel any more pregnant then I did when I was in second tri. I know I still have plenty of time, but I'm just wondering does everyone get symptoms or do some people just go into labour with no signs?

Would be interested to know this too, I am the same. I just don't think I am going to go early or on time, baby seems to still be high and too comfy!!!

I was due to be induced with my ds and so wasn't really looking for any 'signs', got quite a shock when i went into labour by myself (so shocked i told oh it was a false alarm and not to worry - lo arrived 3 hours later!). I had no urge to clean, my waters didn't break, I didn't have a 'show' - nothing! It just happened. Was quite nice though cause didn't have any time to think about it!!! x

Noodles I know I was early but I had no braxton hics ever, dunno what they feel like, all I had was contractions, which felt like wind, and that was it. No water broke, no nothing.

With my 4th baby I went into labour and had him within 35 mins :)wacko: YES REALLY). No warning :nope:. was sitting in MIL's house as it was FIL's birthday where my MIL said to me 'so you arent going to have this baby on his grandads birthday then', why would I?, I was only 36w 4d. At 7pm we were about to go so I popped to the loo before, where my waters broke and lost lots of bloody and stringy membrane stuff (sorry if TMI), then the pains started thick and fast. We got straight in the car, drove home, (I stayed in the car, picked up my bag and notes and drove straight to hospital, I was in the room all of 5 mins and managed a few gasps of gas and air before Sonny made his grand entrance :happydance:(on his grandads birthday at 7.35pm. The only thing that I did have that day was a bit of an upset stomach, but I had that quite a lot over the weeks leading up to it so didnt think anything of it. xx

i went to bed fine, woke up then went to sleep on the sofa and woke up with very painful contractions, 4hours later Lo was born.

No big clear out
No BH's that i noticed anyway
No sleepless nights
No show really a bit of what looked like pink cm is all i had

I nested about 2 months before Lo came by the time he was due i was a lazy cow bag lol

I have changed my mind, denial was much better. Now I'm scared I'm going to give birth whilst doing my Christmas shopping!

I have changed my mind, denial was much better. Now I'm scared I'm going to give birth whilst doing my Christmas shopping!

oh hun dont worry you will no when its time and you will be up the mat unit :thumbup:

Dont always listen to the midwifes if they say stay at home if i had of i would of given birth in my mums bath :dohh: because my contractions where never regular always between 3-15mins apart :dohh:

oh hun dont worry you will no when its time and you will be up the mat unit :thumbup:

Dont always listen to the midwifes if they say stay at home if i had of i would of given birth in my mums bath :dohh: because my contractions where never regular always between 3-15mins apart :dohh:

I would second that! They told me as it had just started that i would have ages to go and could just be a practice run! They told me to have a hot bath and 2 paracetamol and call back in morning. That was at 3am and he was in my arms at 5.05am! x

I would second that! They told me as it had just started that i would have ages to go and could just be a practice run! They told me to have a hot bath and 2 paracetamol and call back in morning. That was at 3am and he was in my arms at 5.05am! x

thats what they told me since the contractions are not regular have some paracetamol and a bath and sit it out for a few hours, at that time i had been in labour for 2 hours mum made me go straight to the mat unit and in 2hours he was born lol my Oh drove fast to get there lol

I had warnings but ... I began getting irregular contractions on Sunday morning at 8am, by 7pm they were 5 minutes apart, so up to hospital to get checked over, monitored for a bit - nothing. Off home I went.
Monday night - 36 hours of contractions 4 minutes apart, I'd had enough. Off up to hospital again. Was 1cm dilated!! A whole fricking centimetre?! BP was high though so was sent to another hospital as the first was only a MW led unit. Up there - nothing. Was about to be sent home again, was discharged and everything. Luckily one MW took pity on me, listened to my begging and said she'd give me a sweep. So here I was, legs spread, MW between them, all sense of dignity lost and all she said was 'Oh'. I was 5cm dilated. A few hours later Niamh arrived! If I'd of left when they told me to I'd of had her on the motorway!

It just shows that even if you have hours of warning, you still won't expect it. So really I wouldn't worry. You really will know when it happens.

I have a feeling when time comes for me i wont have any warning and that worries me but i say this now and i proberley will have major warning lol.. but iv not exactly had any BH's yet not that iv known of anyway iv had a few niggles and weird feelings down in my lady area that feels like hes going to come lol but obviously just his head pushing on my cervix! but all i feel different from 2nd tri is bigger less movement and heartburn! lol but i havent had any morning sickness or anything like that iv feelt sick a few times but never physically been it :shrug: in a way its all good not getting any signs or pain lol but in another you really want a sign so you know somethings happening
i hope you get some signs closer to your due date :)! dont want your waters braking while shopping do we :haha: xx

I was thinking this the other day! So am now paranoid and have started carrying my notes everywhere with me religiously! I think we might be getting freaked out by the whole Christmas thing and time of year. My DH keeps saying it won't come on Christmas day because we don't live in a soap opera! I just hope he's right!

I've had all of the signs noodles mentioned, i've started with ms again, was sick this morning, cramps, constant back ache, keep waking in the night etc and no baby as of yet! x

Noodles, get your shopping done as soon as you can just in case. For the first time ever I had mine all sorted by 2 Dec, I don't normally start until about now!

I've had a few pains in my lower back last week and period type cramps under my bump. I have had loose bowel movements (sorry TMI) and I know Moo Moo had engaged 2/5ths. But this week I've had nothing to suggest that labour maybe imminent.

I've taken to eat at least 3/4 of a pineapple a day since full term. Also started to eat more spicy foods and done the deed for the first time in ages today. No signs of baby arriving yet!

I've been under the assumption that things take HOURS to kick off. :shock: I've been traipsing around London like nothing's imminent. :shrug: I'm assuming it won't happen too quickly! I hope not. I dread to see how other people will take my having contractions when I'm heading home on the tube. :rofl:

I had lots of stabbing pains in my lady bits (baby knocking on the cervix). I had them for a few weeks before Madeleine was born, but they were worse than usual the night I went into labour. Then at 1am, I rolled over in bed and my waters broke. An hour later the contractions started.

With my first I hadn't felt anything, just a handful of BH's, like one per day. Then at 37 weeks my water broke at 2 am. I was surprised to say the least :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->