Has anyone got their going home outfit yet?

Noodles

Mummy to two boys!
Reaction score
What kind of thing are you buying? I know that between 21-24 weeks is the best time to buy it as you will be roughly the same size you are now as you will be when you have given birth, but I have no clue what to buy especially as it will be winter.

Any ideas?

Going home outfit for me??? God I'll probably go home in my PJs - or something just as slobby :haha:

I never knew that - thanks for sharing. Just looking at my belly now doesn't look too daunting if I return to this size :) I have no idea what to get for coming home as it will be January and no doubt miserably cold.

i didnt even think about a going home outfit. Baggy tracksuit buttoms, trainers (or slippers) and a big baggy comfy top. As long as the baby looks lovely i couldnt care less about me. I`ve never had a baby before but I cant imagine that looking lovely would be my priority. Uv just gone thru labour and prob are wrecked, comfort would def be more appealing to me lol :thumbup:

I hadn't thought about this either! I think I just assumed jogging bottoms was the way forward... Lots of big baggy comfortable stuff, I think...

I wore home skinny jeans and a black tshirt with Ophelia :rofl:
But then I live in skinny jeans,it really should be just whatever you think you'll be most comfortable in xxxxxxxxxxx

I went home in jogging bottoms as I had to have C section, they were all that was comfy on me. But TBH i didn't give it enough thought! LOL

hehe blimey, i remember thinking of this with my first :) I just saw some tracky bottoms and a big comfy t-shirt and a baggy cardigan & my scruffiest slippers! I looked like a right tramp!

I want something comfy, but I would like it to be nice as I will feel rough, but it would be nice to have something new to put on. I'm getting plenty of jogging bottoms to wear around the house when I get home. I don't mind looking like a scuffbag in my own house.

Hehe Noodles you obviously take more pride in your appearance than some of us on here :D

I wish I could think like that...but yep I'll be in the comfiest thing I can find.

I can assure you that baby will look as cute as possible though :D :D xx

I hadn't thought about this. I have a while to decide right enough :) I imagine something comfy anyway x

something realllllllllly comfy!!! hehe
and what do u mean .. one will be the same size in there belly as they are when they are 21-24 weeks??? everyone i know that has had a baby got huge in the last trimester... i have bought all clothes for when i really do ''pop''!!! :)
xoxo

i hadnt thought about...been too worried about what im bring LO home in!!!! Im thinking PJ's or Jogging bottoms!!!

xxx

I intend on getting straight into the car at hospital and out again at my house and with as few people as possible seeing me for the first day or two so something comfy! The baby will look lovely though so we can take loads of photos of her :)

Think at that point I'll opt for a plastic black bin liner - but maybe that won't even fit!!!!!!!!

Huge nightie, dressing gown and slippers? sounds like a winner for me

well, with my DS i didnt have a choice as my stupid dimwit ofan ex husband forgot to bring clean clothes for me as i had wrecked the ones i had used at the hospital with blood and waters breaking. so i had to go home in my nightie, dressing gown and slippers. i felt very stupid. i suppose i should be greatful he at least remembered the car seat.

This time, my OH is a thoughtful kind man, so if anything happened like the blood incident again, i know i could rely on him to bring me something to wear. He isnt a t**t like my ex husband.

So as long as its clean, i would probably say my black combats and a top to match.

It's going to be middle of winter when I'm coming home from hospital so what ever I choose to wear it is likely to be covered in jacket, scarf, beanie and gloves anyway!! lol,

lol ohhh god I have thought of this and wished it were summer so I could wear a maxi dress. I have just bought some maternity dungarees as trousers are aklready uncomfrotable on me so atm these are winning hands down for me!! With a tshirt/ fake fur coat and ugg boots of course!!!!

I've read somewhere to take care mats or an old towel for the car on the way home, because if you are bleeding heavily it will soak through pads quickly, on that basis I'll be in old comfy tracksuit bottoms (much like every other day of the week :rofl: ) I don't think I'll care what I look like as long as little one looks cute.

Thanks for the replies girls. I think it's more to do with the fact that I have family and friends who will visit and think nothing of telling me how rough I look.

I was thinkin of something like black combats and a loose breast feeding top with a jacket and some pumps. Basically stuff that won't crease in my hospital bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->