Has anyone had a blighted ovum....

Radiance

Reaction score
Has anyone had a blighted ovum and...

1. Didn't find out until later on in pregnancy... end of first trimester or even later?

OR

2. Had great rising hCG and symptoms AND didn't find out until 8+ weeks

First pregnancy was a mmc and a BO. They didn't take HCG levels at all. At 8 weeks everything was looking fine. At 10 weeks I started to spot got in a scan the next morning found empty sac and a few days later started to bleed more and then passed it on a Tuesday (Friday is when we had found out)

I'm sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing. I'm almost seven weeks and my hCG is good and I have wonderful symptoms. I had a scan at 5 weeks and he only saw a really thick lining and fluid around my left ovary where the egg came out. We thought we may have seen a really small sac but he couldn't confirm it was one yet. He said they were all good signs and I know what we saw was normal for five weeks but I just can't help but have some worry. My scan is at the end of next week at nearly 8 weeks. I've had no spotting/bleeding or cramps.

Try to think of it this way, You are pregnant today. I have had 3 losses total (so far). The worry is always going to be there no matter how far along you go. Realize that there is nothing you can do right now and worrying is not helping at all. The first trimester is a lot of wait and see. It sucks. Currently I'm waiting for the 21st for my scan and I know there is NO WAY I'm less than what I am right now 5 weeks 3 days. I know when I ovulated I know when I implanted so I know if baby doesn't measure on that day probably another loss. But I can't live my life in the what if. It's in the here an now. Again worrying is not doing anyone any good. If anything just prepare for the worst and then pray/hope for the best. Then let it go and see what the next scan brings. Yea the wait sucks but chances are things will be all right. Most pregnancies go to term. Even with past miscarriages or chemicals it only raises slightly the rate.

Try to think of it this way, You are pregnant today. I have had 3 losses total (so far). The worry is always going to be there no matter how far along you go. Realize that there is nothing you can do right now and worrying is not helping at all. The first trimester is a lot of wait and see. It sucks. Currently I'm waiting for the 21st for my scan and I know there is NO WAY I'm less than what I am right now 5 weeks 3 days. I know when I ovulated I know when I implanted so I know if baby doesn't measure on that day probably another loss. But I can't live my life in the what if. It's in the here an now. Again worrying is not doing anyone any good. If anything just prepare for the worst and then pray/hope for the best. Then let it go and see what the next scan brings. Yea the wait sucks but chances are things will be all right. Most pregnancies go to term. Even with past miscarriages or chemicals it only raises slightly the rate.

I'm actually doing pretty good, not that worried. I mean there will always be a tinge of worry, I just can't be 100% like I was before my losses. It's just different now. We've lost two later on in pregnancy and one really close to second trimester, for different reasons and out of anyones' control so my story is a little different then only first trimester losses. I am not comparing losses by any means, just that I will be like that until birth and of course the normal worries after birth. I just hate waiting so long and I would love more answers regarding blighted ovums as I don't know much about them.

Blighted ovum basically is a chemical at least the way I see it. Nothing forms. Just an empty sac. My levels where taken the day we found out it was a BO and a MMC. At that point they were 8000 something. I don't remember the exact been too long. And that was at 10 weeks. I do know both BO and MMC are rare. Especially together. Least that's what my doctor had told me.

And even with my successful pregnancy I did not connect with DD until 20 weeks and even then I was so skeptical until I gave birth to her. I was worried about losing her because my friend/co worker earlier in that year had a still birth. She now has a beautiful almost two year old boy. But still the worry will always be there. Then the worry will be there about SIDS and so forth. Once you become a parent the worry is always there.

Just know you aren't alone in the worry *hugs*

My 1st ever pregnancy, was a blighted ovum. Empty sac at 11.6 weeks. I miscarried that night.. Bleeding and passing clots that day. Had a scan that night and showed empty sac..

before that bfp I was a smoker and I drank every weekend after a hard week of work.. I wasn't even treating myself as pregnant after I got the bfp.. I was still having cigarettes :nope: I was actually trying to miscarry :(
By the time I was 7 weeks; I finally stopped smoking.. Accepted I was pregnant..

By the time I was 10 weeks, I was happy to be pregnant. Then the spotting started, gradually over a week, the mc happened.
I was angry at myself for being so selfish and evil for not doing the right thing and stop smoking and take my prenatals.. I wasn't taking care of myself :cry: I ended up really wanting that baby.. But the baby was never even there :(

5 years later I had a healthy very wanted baby girl and now pregnant again :)<3

I had a blighted ovum in June this year. Had pregnancy symptoms sore breasts some nausea, had small spotting at 5 weeks then day of first scan at 9 weeks a bit more spotting, scan showed empty sac, hadn't even heard of blighted ovum then had a d&c the next day..

Fast forward to September bfp at 9dpo. From 4 weeks i have been absolutely exhausted and 6 weeks constant nausea, totally totally different to the blighted ovum "pregnancy".. Happy to say at 8 weeks last week there is a wee little bean with a strong heart beat and i am still constantly tired and nauseas..

My first MC was a blighted ovum. I had the most thickest, darkest pregnancy tests I've ever had (inc my lo!) and bucket loads of symptoms, although not quite as sick as with ds.

I assumed everything was fine (ha, to be that blissfully ignorant now would be wonderful!) but started bleeding just before my 12 week scan and...blighted ovum :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->