Has anyone had a scan just before 6 weeks?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hi ladies

So i found out I was pregnant with baby number 2 on Wednesday this week :happydance:

I have poly-cystic ovaries and I had a missed miscarriage during my first pregnancy 4 years ago.... so when i got pregnant again after the miscarriage i was sent for an early scan (i think around 6-7 weeks but cant remember) to reassure me baby was OK and my son is now nearly 4 years old so everything was good :)

I've spoken to my doctor this week about being pregnant again and I've asked for another early scan which they've agreed too

The only problem is i fly to Florida for 2 weeks on the 16th December and i'll be 6 weeks pregnant exactly on the day we go. This means i only have the 14th or 15th to have my early scan and i'll be a couple of days shy of the 6 week mark

Do you think theres any chance of picking up a heart beat that early? everything Im reading says from 6 weeks you can, but i'll be a day or two earlier than that?

Thanks for reading x

Hey Hun I had a scan last Friday due to bleeding and they saw nothing which panicked us more. I would been 5+ 5. I then and another on Wednesday just gone and Ilsaw baby and heart beat !! I would of been 6 + 3 it's amazing what a few days do !! Good luck Hun xx

Hey Hun I had a scan last Friday due to bleeding and they saw nothing which panicked us more. I would been 5+ 5. I then and another on Wednesday just gone and Ilsaw baby and heart beat !! I would of been 6 + 3 it's amazing what a few days do !! Good luck Hun xx

Oh really! thats great for you!

not so great for me as I wont be 6 weeks exactly until the day we fly out

Going to have to try not to panic myself for the 2 weeks i'm away now - timing is so annoying ha x

I think the likelihood is low that a heartbeat would be seen, but that said, my friend went in at 5+6 and was told there was no way there'd be a heartbeat, but sure enough it was there! Baby was measuring exactly 5+6 and heart was ticking away. It was a slower heartbeat (100 range I think), but that is normal for that early on since the heartbeat starts at 80 bpm and gains about 3 bpm per day.

Hmmm im wondering now if having this scan will worry me even more

if its too early for a heart beat to be seen i mean?

Im debating now?

Had my 1st scan this Wednesday at 5w+6 and I saw my little babies heart beat clear as day. Everything looked good and measured on target. Best wishes

Had my 1st scan this Wednesday at 5w+6 and I saw my little babies heart beat clear as day. Everything looked good and measured on target. Best wishes

Ohhh really ! this has given me some reassurance that I might see the little beans heart beat then! i'll be 5w+5/6 if i get it done on the 14th or 15th :happydance::happydance::happydance:

But just remember don't panic if you don't !!! It's early !!! Lol

But just remember don't panic if you don't !!! It's early !!! Lol

YES im going to have to repeat this to myself like a mantra!

Thats why i was in two minds, thinking do i:

1 - not bother with the scan before holiday & have it when i'm back (ill be 7 nearly 8 weeks by then) but I know what i'm like and ill be worrying the entire holiday about how the baby is doing and i dont want it to ruin my holiday

2 - have it before holiday and run the risk that it might be too early to pick up heart beat and again still be worrying until i'm back and further along if everything is ok

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh this is hard work ha x

you might!! if you scroll down a few there is a topic about scan at 5w 6 days and she saw heart beat and bean.

At 5+5 and 5+6 with my ds and dd I saw baby and heartbeat! Good luck=)

Last week I had a scan at exactly 6 weeks and all we saw was an empty sac and measured just before 6 weeks. I had a repeat scan 6 days later, so 6+6 according to LMP and there was bubs with a heartbeat measuring perfectly to dates.

It was such a stressful week - so just be prepared that you might not see much

Thanks ladies! it really does seem to differ from person to person doesn't it

I think ill go for it still and just see what they say x

I just had a scan. I thought I was 6 weeks by lmp but it turns out I'm closer to 5 weeks. We only saw the yolk sac though.

I just had a scan. I thought I was 6 weeks by lmp but it turns out I'm closer to 5 weeks. We only saw the yolk sac though.

Thank you .... 6 does seem to be the magic number x

Ekkkk scan booked for Tues 15th, ill be a day shy of 6 weeks exactly so we'll see :happydance::happydance:

Hey I'm having another tomorrow I will be 6 weeks and 6 days xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"