• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Has anyone had a scan just before 6 weeks?

I mentioned my friend's scan in my earlier post (she saw a HB at 5+6) but forgot to mention my own because I couldn't remember my gestation. Just looked it up in my notes. I was 5+5 and there was a sac with a yolk, but no baby, and therefore no heartbeat. The ultrasound tech said she was surprised to see a yolk sac, and that it was a great sign for 5+5. I think a lot of depends on where baby is, what structures he/she might be hiding behind, and the ultrasound tech doing the procedure

I had a scan with my last pregnancy at 5+4 and we didn't see a HB but did see the sac and fetal pole. I saw the O&G at 6wks exactly and he repeated the scan (as I had 3 ovarian cysts measuring over 15cm so he was checking them all the time) and he saw the HB.

My current pregnancy I had my first scan at 6+3 and saw a HB.

So my story is I went in to the hospital at 5 weeks 3 days for a scan due to light spotting. All they could see was an irregular gestational sac and a fetal pole. I went for a follow up scan at 6 weeks 1 day and saw a heart beat of 108. So based on that babies heart started beating around 5 weeks 5 days or 5 weeks 6 days they think. But every women and every baby is different. Hopefully you get what your looking for.

Thanks ladies!

Looks like it'll be 50/50 whether i see one or not

really hope i do so i can go off on holiday the next day with my mind at rest :happydance:

When i asked for an early scan they couldnt even book me in until i got to six weeks and i had the scan at 7 weeks, i'm glad the scan was further along as it was very clear, baby and heartbeat they found it easily.

Im only having it done at 5 weeks 6 days because i am off to Florida for 2 weeks the next day (when ill be 6 weeks exactly), I just wanted to know all was ok before i went off on holiday or i wouldn't have been able to relax

I am prepared for it being too early to pick up a heart beat but at least they can confirm the sack and yolk or fetal pole and tell me everythings where it should be i guess :happydance:

I'm 28 weeks along, and I am still exhausted and have never gotten a break from the exhaustion during this pregnancy or my first. With my second and third babies, exhaustion wasn't an issue from 11-22 weeks. It really varies by pregnancy, with most people.

Also, my earliest ultrasound was with my third baby at 5w4d, and the heartbeat was strong, but there's NO guarantee that you'll get to see the heart beating before 7 weeks. I hope you get to see it early!!!

By the way, I ONLY had my ultrasound that early with my third because I had a lot of spotting. I spotted throughout the first trimester with my third and fourth (current) pregnancies. However, this time, I didn't worry about it and didn't go to the doctor until almost 10 weeks. With my second, I went in at almost 9 weeks. The fact that the baby looked like an actual baby by that point calmed me. Having a really early ultrasound scares me because I love that baby the moment I see them, and I'm more terrified of things not going smoothly. Just my crazy input. :)

Slight chance to hear you could probably see it flickering but dont be alarmed if you dont

Thanks ladies, ill be over the moon if i can see or hear it

but i am prepared that it might be too early, if i get to hear or see it then its a massive bonus :)

also a bit of background - they are only letting me have an early scan as i've got polysystic ovaries and i had a missed miscarriage with my first where i didnt find out until my first scan which was devastating (i assumed everything was fine, no bleeding no nothing).

So when i got pregnant the second time they send me for an early reassurance scan and this time around i just thought id' try my luck and ask for one again, and they said yes :happydance::happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"