Has anyone had experience with an ectopic pregnancy?

jenmcn1

Expecting baby #4:)
Reaction score
Woke up this morning with some pain on my right side. Which is not totally uncommon for me in early pregnancy. Right in my pelvis.
I'm sure that everything is fine, but I'm also wondering what the symptoms of an ectopic are?

I don't have any experience with it, but hopefully someone who has will comment as well. I did have some one sided pain early pregnancy too but would subside. From what I've seen around here, it seems that the pain would be pretty terrible with an ectopic. Also could be bleeding and hcg tends to go up and down so tests might look darker to lighter to dark again. That's just what I've gathered from here. :hugs:

I had an ectopic last year and my first symptom before i even knew i was pregnant was bleeding it lasted a week and then stopped then started again, i didnt have pain i had slight twinges in my left side. My pregnancy tests were dark positive but the clearblue digi never went past 2-3 weeks so my hormones didnt rise as much as they should. When my ectopic was discovered at 6 weeks at a scan due to bleeding my hcg was 2000 and i had surgery to remove it. I also remember feeling very hot and light headed a lot but it was the summer!

Some one-sided pain is pretty normal in early pregnancy since the ovary that produced the egg will also create a corpus luteum cyst, which can be uncomfortable sometimes.

I'd say, try not to worry, unless the pain gets really bad or your start having spotting/bleeding. :hugs:

I had an ectopic last year and my first symptom before i even knew i was pregnant was bleeding it lasted a week and then stopped then started again, i didnt have pain i had slight twinges in my left side. My pregnancy tests were dark positive but the clearblue digi never went past 2-3 weeks so my hormones didnt rise as much as they should. When my ectopic was discovered at 6 weeks at a scan due to bleeding my hcg was 2000 and i had surgery to remove it. I also remember feeling very hot and light headed a lot but it was the summer!

Thank you for your insight and I'm so sorry for your loss.

I'm pretty sure that what I have experienced is not an issue, just part of the stretching process. But thank you so much for shedding light on this.

As part of my constant reading on cramps I've come across that if you're getting them on one side lying on the other side for a bit should help, cramps are more common on the right side because as the baby grows everything tends to grow in that direction.

I had an ectopic and I felt fine except for the sharp pains on one side but thought it was fine as it wasn't happening all the time. I noticed something was really wrong when I was bleeding bright red.

This pregnancy I have had pain on one side but everything was fine. Just to easy your mind=)

I am currently in the middle of an ectopic right now. I received the methotrexate shot on Monday and am waiting for the hcg levels to drop. The only signs of ectopic pregnancy that I had were slight bleeding. I had what I thought was a normal period but got my bfp 2 days after the bleeding stopped. I then had brownish spotting for 2 -3 days. Due to the bleeding my Dr. checked my hcg levels and at first then doubled normally but then dropped by half and doubled again, so we knew there was a problem. I then had a dull throbbing sensation on my right side, which prompted my ob to have me go to ER and sure enough there was a little blip in my right tube and we began methotrexate.

My only real symptom early on were hcg levels and bleeding. If you are concerned call your ob and they can track your hcgs.

I am currently in the middle of an ectopic right now. I received the methotrexate shot on Monday and am waiting for the hcg levels to drop. The only signs of ectopic pregnancy that I had were slight bleeding. I had what I thought was a normal period but got my bfp 2 days after the bleeding stopped. I then had brownish spotting for 2 -3 days. Due to the bleeding my Dr. checked my hcg levels and at first then doubled normally but then dropped by half and doubled again, so we knew there was a problem. I then had a dull throbbing sensation on my right side, which prompted my ob to have me go to ER and sure enough there was a little blip in my right tube and we began methotrexate.

My only real symptom early on were hcg levels and bleeding. If you are concerned call your ob and they can track your hcgs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thur pregnancy stuff can be very difficult. How are you feeling?
Last night I had some very light spotting red, then pink, then brown and gone. Haven't had it since last night.
I think I will make an appt to see my doctor just to be sure. My pregnancy tests are still strong, and getting darker. So I hope this is a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->