Has anyone had this scare? Down Syndrome 1 in 10 chance with 1 of bubs...

Discussion in 'Twins, Triplets & Multiples' started by mcraesmum, Dec 22, 2009.

1. mcraesmum

mcraesmum Active Member

Hi
    Got a scan a couple of weeks ago and they did the neck measuring test and found 1 baby had 1 in 315 chance of DS the other 1 in 10. I cant help but worry I wanted to know if this is quite common.... I have to get amnio on 11th Jan to check on the one bub.

Due 3rd July (Fraternal sex unknown)

2. SugarKisses

SugarKisses Luv my 3 miracle's

No advice hun, but I am thinking of you and I will keep my fingers crossed that the results come back clear. :hugs2: x x x

3. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

I have not had any genetic tests done, but Ill keep you in my prayers!

4. mrandmrspaddy

mrandmrspaddy Pregnant with twins

I'm not getting the downs syndromme test. It was probably not the nurses intention but she made it sound like the most horrific test to get done and it has totally put me off.

5. rachm

rachm Overdue

Hi I am pregnant with one baby and was given odds of 1 in 108 of the baby having downs from nuchal and bloods. I had an amnio done on the 30th Dec when I was 16wks because I couldn't go through the pregnancy worrying and would rather know for sure so I could deal with whatever the outcome. We have decided to keep the baby whatever the results and we should get them towards the end of next week. It all came as a shock from getting the results of the nuchal through to deciding to have the amnio done and I couldn't stop crying for ages. No-one can say whats right for you to do but I know some of what you are going through. I have read alsorts online about the results of nuchal/blood tests but at the end of the day I decided I didn't wanted to be stressed and worried throughout this pregnancy. I can only finish with I am thinking of you and I hope everything turns out ok whatever happens. To finish on a good note about the amnio I found out I am having a boy! :o)

6. mcraesmum

mcraesmum Active Member

Hi, Just a Q, hope you dont mind but did you find out you having boy on day of amnio or a couple of days later? I am worried as I am only having amnio on one bub not other but am hoping they will still look at sex of both. I know it 100% after testing on amnio one...

7. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

No advice, but :hugs: :hugs:

8. rachm

rachm Overdue

Hi I found out from the scan they give you during the amnio what sex the baby was. She asked if we wanted to know and we said yes so she had a look!! I didn't realise they could tell at 16wks! They are going to confirm it with the amnio results but from the look of things on the scan its defo a boy!! :o)

9. rachm

rachm Overdue

Sorry in reply to your question she had a look as soon as the amnio was over so we new straight away on the day.