Has anyone here got an overactive thyroid?

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I am 4 weeks pregnant and I have an overactive thyroid. I had a thyroid function. Today the doctor rang me and apparently it has come back very high so they have tripled my medication and said I’m high risk of miscarriage:-( the endocrinologist wants to see me tomorrow(which is worrying cause why so urgently?) but the whole of my city is snowed in so he said it’ll probably be next week. I’m just looking for success stories really, experiences and advice?

I’m hypo (under active), not hyper. However, my endocrinologist checks my levels every 3-4 weeks throughout pregnancy and adjusts my medicine accordingly. Baby depends on your thyroid hormone supply for the first 3 months so it’s realky important to have your doctor monitor. I wouldn’t worry too much, but definitely keep in touch with your endocrinologist. Hope you have a happy 9 months!

I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid halfway through my last pregnancy. Right when I fell pregnant (like a few days after conception, before I got my BFP) I developed a lump in my neck and symptoms which I chalked up to pregnancy symptoms. I went to the doctor about the neck lump and eventually had biopsies and blood tests which showed I was hyper. I had blood tests every 10 days, plus blood taken when I had MW and consultant appointments and my thyroid levels swung about, hyper to hyper, we couldn't get it under control. I was monitored closely and induced when my levels went really wacky and I had reduced movements and generally felt wrong, I was at my due date though. LO was totally fine :). They told me that if I got pregnant again I would be monitored carefully and that they would be able to get things under control better with an earlier start.

Thanks for the replies! I only got diagnosed with it 3-4 weeks before my BFP, so it’s all very new too me and I don’t totally understand either. I see the endocrinologist for the first time next week so I’ll have lots of questions to ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->